Thread: Which is the best device for reading Google book PDF's?

Which is the best device for reading Google book PDF's?

The title says it all. So can anyone over here suggest me some good solution for reading the Google book PDF's? well I cannot carry my laptop wherever I go so that’s why I am searching for a small portable device which can help me work on this process. So that’s the device that I am looking forward to. Do you all have any idea about that particular device then do let me know as soon as possible that would be of great help for me.

Re: Which is the best device for reading Google book PDF's?

Get a ebook reader from kindle or irex. Else you can also get a netbook as well any of them would be a convenient option for you. So you can go with any of the options that you want at the end the choice is yours.

I would say iPad it would be a pretty safe bet for you when it comes to reading pdf files. iPad has a "Goodreader" app which is a very descent app and I don’t think so any app can beat it in terms of the pdf reader. So tahts the added advantage of this particular app. You can also check out some android tablets as well if you want but I don’t know much about them.

idea Re: Which is the best device for reading Google book PDF's?

See if we want a descent pdf reader then you will have to make a very smart move. Now smart move means look carefully before you are going with anything. For reading a pdf file you must have a good screen, 8 inches atleast. Plus a good resolution as well 1024x720 pixels, since majority of the pdfs are based on A4 or letter type page sizes. So a lot of detailing is there in that, now only 4 categories of devices qualify under that one is laptop, the other is a netbook, third is a tablet and the 4th options is the e-book reader. Well you have the laptop. So need to do with it. netbook is worthy only if you are ok with it carrying everywhere. Netbook will give you a very good screen size, amazing resolution. Plus a good battery life as well. now coming to the tablets their screen size is much smaller than netbook, even the battery is much weaker. Now comes the last and the final one i.e. ebook reader. It is very light has a very good screen, plus has the best battery amongst all. Performance is in question but that’s ok. So I would say you better stick with the ebook reader if you are looking for something that’s cost effective as well as only thing that is dedicated for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    See if we want a descent pdf reader then you will have to make a very smart move. Now smart move means look carefully before you are going with anything. For reading a pdf file you must have a good screen, 8 inches atleast. Plus a good resolution as well 1024x720 pixels, since majority of the pdfs are based on A4 or letter type page sizes. So a lot of detailing is there in that, now only 4 categories of devices qualify under that one is laptop, the other is a netbook, third is a tablet and the 4th options is the e-book reader. Well you have the laptop. So need to do with it. netbook is worthy only if you are ok with it carrying everywhere. Netbook will give you a very good screen size, amazing resolution. Plus a good battery life as well. now coming to the tablets their screen size is much smaller than netbook, even the battery is much weaker. Now comes the last and the final one i.e. ebook reader. It is very light has a very good screen, plus has the best battery amongst all. Performance is in question but that’s ok. So I would say you better stick with the ebook reader if you are looking for something that’s cost effective as well as only thing that is dedicated for reading.
    Ok that’s cool then can you tell me the best ebook reader that is available in the market as of now. I would be happy to own it as soon as possible. Just waiting for your advise.

The best ebook reader that is available right now is kindle DX its avant grade. Next comes the Jetbook Color.
    The positives of kindle DX is it has the best B/W resolution, superb contrast ratio, good keyboard and faster page turns. While Jetbook Color has

Color display

SD/SDHC card reader

TTS

Good file support

Touch screen

wifi

Down Re: Which is the best device for reading Google book PDF's?

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    The best ebook reader that is available right now is kindle DX its avant grade. Next comes the Jetbook Color.
    The positives of kindle DX is it has the best B/W resolution, superb contrast ratio, good keyboard and faster page turns. While Jetbook Color has

Color display

SD/SDHC card reader

TTS

Good file support

Touch screen

wifi
    I am having kindle DX and frankly speaking its not the thing that I was expecting. I have a lots of pdf files in my kindle dx and going through each and every pages of that book is really difficult for me, very poor zooming power and also the processing power is also weak. I must say that we should have a tablet that has some descent amount of processing power which would allow us to read the files properly.

Yes I do agree with what he has said here the problem with the ebook readers is that its latency The slower CPU is slowed down by slow ram, resulting onto a much slower screen pace. But that is what increases the battery life of the ebook reader. Use iPad 2 though a expensive thing but you will get all the necessary apps that you were requiring.