Thread: HP/Compaq CQ71 is not starting up

HP/Compaq CQ71 is not starting up

I have been using HP/Compaq CQ71 and everything was working fine but then I don’t know what had recently went wrong with it and now the laptop is not starting up at all, is there anyone who has faced the same and has faced the same or has an idea about it and can help me out with this issue???

Re: HP/Compaq CQ71 is not starting up

I have been using HP/Compaq CQ71 and everything was working fine but then I don’t know what had recently went wrong with it and now the laptop is not starting up at all, is there anyone who has faced the same and has faced the same or has an idea about it and can help me out with this issue???
    There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the ram if it is possible then take it out and then test it on other system by running memory test and also make sure that you are performing quick test as well as full test for the hard drive, if you have not yet tried out the same then just try it out and then post back the result that you get, also let me know the other solutions that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same again, as it will be a waste of time.

I have performed the test and this is what I have found:
    • Memory test- the result was ok and had got a pass
    • Quick test- it started well but then got stopped at 76 % complete
    • Full test- got the same result as that of the Quick test.

Is there anything else that I can try out to get it working???

It seems that you will have to replace the Hard Drive as I have found that the Quick test and the Full test react so when the drive is failing, even though the average span of the hdd is said to be 3 years and so but then there are a no of cases where he hard drive fails before that. I think that you should better contact the service support and then address the same issue and find out what is the issue all about, I think that they will surely help you out.

I think that a better idea will be using Ubuntu CD, if you don’t have one then you can download the ubuntu from the below link and then make a bootable usb stick for the same and then try to load the system with the same and without the hdd, if it gets loaded then the hdd will be the culprit in your case, just try it out and let us know what you get.

I think that you have not read this issue completely, I mean that when he is not able to get the laptop start then how will he make use of the usb stick I mean that the f keys won’t work??? So how will he change the boot order???