Thread: Best eReader to do highlights quickly

Best eReader to do highlights quickly

I am looking for a good eReader but I don’t want any. I need a particular one which has best and easy way to do highlights. I always use to do highlights on text and I want to do it very quickly & easily. Is there any appropriate recommendation about that?

Re: Best eReader to do highlights quickly

My best option is to use Kindle 3 for that. It uses a 5-way controller in order to move between the words and sections. You can do Highlighting in simple way and also can take the notes by the use of mini-keyboard. You can then take the Notes and highlights and collect as a .txt file. After that you can import them in MS Word. You can highlight and take notes quickly from any Ebooks. This is a wonderful feature for those who like to discuss and focus on particular thing.

As far as I know that only some books enables you to highlight text but make sure that you cannot do it in a pdf file. Different devices offer different way to highlight the text. In Kindle it is very much easy to highlight and take notes. I used it many times in my case.

It is possible to get the annotations on the reader for pc software. If you open the books on your computer and transfer them, then open them - you will find on the lower end of the window the second item from the left the export function. As the Sony reader for pc software is the worst piece of software i ever encountered. Constantly crashes it and in my case it just deleted 500 page books with a very important annotations.

Among the most popular, Kindle, Sony and Kobo all dictionaries have flagging passages. However, the Kobo (so far) nothing for you. The dictionary is gritting, others cannot be installed. The tagging feature is so-so. Kobo is working on it, but this can take time. Kindle and Sony allow the installation of dictionaries and reference seems to be more comfortable with. But the others have to explain in more detail.

ASUS Eee Reader DR900 suggested that the inclusion of notes and highlight text on the DR900 could enter between the Olympic disciplines. For several months some users claim that the problems were almost solved since the last firmware, or at least present themselves in a manageable form. I fear that the recent depreciation of 1/3 of the DR900 has some connection with the cessation of development prospects (abandoned) by Asus.

I think for tablets generally applies "there's an app for that" and the for Ereaders you will indeed need to look at the specifications.

The iPhone can indeed highlight when reading words and text passages, if you want to make notes there. You do not have a separate app for that. You read your book in iBooks for example, you select a word or text section by touching and you get several options, such as copying, highlighting, note. These notes can optionally together on your screen and then possibly exported.

The Bebook Neo also possible to highlights and makes notes, but that's all much more difficult.