Thread: TomTom car navigator gives Map Update Faliure Message "Something has gone wrong"

TomTom car navigator gives Map Update Faliure Message "Something has gone wrong"

I have a TomTom car navigator VIA 1530 Tm. I wanted to download latest update of its operating system and latest maps. I have Lifetime maps scheme active in my device. I got data for both downloaded in my device. But when I tried installing them, I got message saying, "Something has gone wrong” along with option to contact customer support. What should I do?

Re: TomTom car navigator gives Map Update Faliure Message "Something has gone wrong"

I too own a TomTom car navigator VIA 1405 with Lifetime update scheme available on it. I too downloaded maps for my desired location. They downloaded without any problem. But as I tried to install them, it failed. The bigger problem is that it also erased some of the maps from old data. I tried contacting customer support. They asked me to fully charge the device and then restart it. But it too didn’t help.

Re: TomTom car navigator gives Map Update Faliure Message "Something has gone wrong"

It worked fine with my device. I downloaded the updates and maps. It installed normally on my navigator. I clean my cache once every week, so maybe it is because of that my device responded to updates good. You can try clearing your cache and then try installing. This device doesn’t have big memory space. So you need to optimize the limited memory for proper functioning.

I contacted TomTom customer support and in response they sent me an e-mail saying, that map you downloaded must not be updated version or might not be compatible with your device. They also said that I have to send them a copy of my invoice details for them to investigate the problem. They say that TomTom technicians are working on the problem and will find the solution soon.

I contacted TomTom customer support and I asked them to connect m to level 2 technicians. I discussed the problem with them. I told them about about clearing cache which did not help. I told them I tried downloading it from different PCs and from different e-mail IDs but nothing helped. So they suggested me to wait for a week as they had got many complaints from many users regarding the same problem. They have found the problem and described it as ‘Out of Memory’ error. They said that after a week or so, they will release the new version of the same update and scrap out the old one.