Thread: Nook vs Sony PRS-T1 vs Sony PRS-650 vs Iriver Story HD

Nook vs Sony PRS-T1 vs Sony PRS-650 vs Iriver Story HD

I want to get a new Ebook Reader. I have done lots of research over this but I could be able to find a perfect one that suits my needs. But still I managed to get best 4 out of all and they are Nook, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-650 and iRiver Story HD. Can anyone suggest me which one to buy. All seems same for me. Nothing much difference noticed in these 4.

Re: Nook vs Sony PRS-T1 vs Sony PRS-650 vs Iriver Story HD

Right now I am using the Sony PRS 600 and I really like this device. It is a very good device to read without a good light. After few days of usage I have found its advantages and disadvantages. The screen is better which is of size 650 as 600 and looks really cool. But I need something to read manga on. 600/650. But here I am getting terrible scaling and fir that I need to convert to CBZ. But still it is not enjoyable at all. I thought that 6'' screen is enough for manga but I then find it as too small.

In my case I would really go for Nook/T1 because these devices can be rooted for sure. Beforehand I was using the Sony PRS-600. I used the Windows mobile in order to read the comic reader mobi. I heard several mixed reviews regarding this on Android but I couldn’t able to get it on Nook or T. I really wanted to read manga here and that is even with full page view. So my friend suggest me to go for the iRiver story HD. The good thing is that it can support CBZ and it has higher screen resolution. So it is the best choice to read manga

I don’t think that the Sony PRS 650 is a much of a progress and I don’t think it can do more than PRST1/Nook. If you have a rooted PRST1/Nook, then it would serve you a great and offer you much more than you expected. The Nook is very cheap than others and it will work faster and better. The iRiver Story HD is also good since it has HD and CBZ support and it is also as cheap as Nook Tablet. I read several books using this and it looks pretty nice there.

As far as I know that the Sony PRS-650 was one of the most popular e-readers when it was first came out in market I early 2010 and then it become one of the most popular device of all the time. After the success of this Sony has launched the second device and that is T1. This is the newest and fastest Ereader from Sony. Along with this it was the first Sony Reader which use the Google Android Operating system

I cannot compare with the PRS T1. But I have a PRS 350, which is due to the smaller screen is already much stronger than the PRS 650 (which I feel is slightly out of focus). Because I was simply curious, I've looked at my bookseller, the iRiver Story HD times. Conclusion, it is much sharper than the PRS 350 at comparable contrast. The reaction times and leaves were similar for me. As for the firmware when I read the posts about iRiver Story HD, have already fixed some problems with firmware updates. The Sony PRS T1 seems to me moderately MobileRead firmware not beyond all doubt. There is certainly no longer the stable firmware for the PRS-x50 series. And Sony has not won in the past through firmware updates.

Why is this all go to the Sony probably the notoriety of the trademark and that the previous models were combined with the Kindle?

The Sony is more commonly available.

The situation now is in my view, that the competitors Sony and Kindle have open (Kobo and Nook also block e-ink displays Pearl, Iriver is one step further). And Sony has the new Android-based firmware at least what concerns the stability of a regression made.

Sony is just much, much longer in the eReader business, and has historically produced consistently useful devices because it is quite normal that people leave on more than Sony on iriver. In addition, iriver has the problem that they (still) do not have such well-developed sales structures. Submit to the story than HD Basic version without WiFi in Europe to market the device did not secure more competitive. Hope that with the wifi version in the book trade will improve.