Thread: Will Windows 7 installation on AMILO Pi 2550 Notebook affect the recovery

Will Windows 7 installation on AMILO Pi 2550 Notebook affect the recovery

I have a small doubt about my Notebook and I need clarification for that. I am looking for to install Windows 7 on AMILO Pi 2550 Notebook but the problem is, there are no recovery discs. Which partition should I backup in order to get or secure my recovery? Currently there are two partitions:
    • C:\"System": 147GB
    • D:\ "DATA": 20,9GB

Also, in disk management there is a hidden 12GB Partition.

Re: Will Windows 7 installation on AMILO Pi 2550 Notebook affect the recovery

I don’t think that it will be going to affect the recovery partition because it is different partition other than you see as a physical partition. My solution is to copy or move all your important files to External HDD and recover the system. Otherwise you can also make a backup on DVD. Now boot with Windows 7 installation CD and choose the appropriate recovery partition and install on it.

Re: Will Windows 7 installation on AMILO Pi 2550 Notebook affect the recovery

Amilo notebooks usually ships with Windows Recovery Partition DVDs or also known as HDD Restore DVDs. This contains proper version of Windows and its drivers specifically meant for AMILO Pi 2550 Notebook. These DVDs are really useful when something goes wrong in your device like virus attack, Windows damage or corruption or something like that. By the help of this you can restore original software. If you didn’t get one with your product, you should contact the Fujitsu with proper model number along with serial number to get those DVDs.