Thread: Map for TomTom satnav unable to Recognition Micor SD card

Map for TomTom satnav unable to Recognition Micor SD card

Hi guys

I like to tell you that I was having the problem on devices recognizing downloadable maps for the reason that he active SD slot. . Somehow the device Is not able to Recognition the map . Can anyone here help me on this I will be really appreciating this

Re: Map for TomTom satnav unable to Recognition Micor SD card

Yeah I have the similar issue as well I am unable to purchase the North America map as there is no drop down . The size of the map is 2gb as it has looked in the purchase page. This is because of reason that my SatNav just have the 2 GB internal memory although now that I can expand memory I should able to download the any map. I think that restriction of limit download should not needed anymore, since the download can be to the SD card

As far as I know this Is the is very common issue and tomtom on one article has mentioned that they are working on it so hope this will be solved as soon as possible . so once this issue is fixed we might can download maps lager than 2 GB (internal) onto a Micor SD card that is put in in the device??

Hey can anyone here tell me is it possible fool the TT purchasing page that I have the Europe version device . I just get till the step 3 or 4 in the process of purchasing by doing this that is to change the bit where the is shows your device although after the step 3 or 4 it says 'Not Your Device select again . by the way if I am manage to purchase then can I able to download it in to the Start 20 SD card……………. Please help

The is no way it is possible that you can fool the system to think your device' serial number has changed in spite of of the map and the compatibility, the exclusion is still in the system. So, basically, if you buy a map for like of the GO1000, you yet unable to install it on your Start20.I think that you have answered your own question

However, you be able to in fact buy a map for a Start 20. by the device unplugged from the PC - you can choose Start20 and that does not give an alternative for the UK otherwise Europe version any longer but you can still choose manually, it then provide you choice to buy the USA map. however, if discover my Start 20 automatically it does not give the choice to purchase the USA map. strange. I wasn't trying to trick the system of a serial number change or something. I doubt if I manage to go through the buying procedure, if I could, after that finish the last phase which is to download onto my device.

What You have said is right! It provides the option to buy, although I’m still certain that it won't let you to download. You won't be able to buy the map plus I've asked webmaster to alter it. Good discover!

Hey I have news got you all guys All works well at this moment. effectively downloaded the USA map, which take something like an hour. No issue transfer it to the memory card. must tell you all that you should use the IE9 I did on my windows Vista, with MS Security Essentials and not had any issue .

That’s great news also I like to know one more thing these map updates.... are they be an updated edition of the USA or only the a compatibility update? I don't wish to purchase it ! Seems to me that all the issue is fixed. I have my self downloaded this new update on my VIA Live and at the present I am given with the latest USA maps to download!