Thread: HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx shows black screen and does not start

HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx shows black screen and does not start

I have HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx laptop in which I have windows vista operating system installed. My use to put my laptop on sleep mode when I am not using it but last time when I try to wake my laptop from sleep mode at that time does not start. I get black screen on my laptop. How to solve this problem?

Re: HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx shows black screen and does not start

According to me you should turn off laptop by pressing and holding power button of your HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx laptop for some time. Now remove battery from your laptop and also make sure that AC power adapter is not connected with your laptop. now after that you have to pres and hold power button for some time and then insert battery in your laptop again and then try to start laptop. May be after performing this steps your problem will get solved.

When you start your laptop at that time if caps lock LED and Num lock LED blinks twice then it means BIOS in your laptop is corrupted. If caps lock LED and Num lock LED blinks for one time only then it might people with CPU and lights blink for 3 times then problem is related to RAM .

You should check in your laptop and let me know how many times light blinks.

Have you tried to solve this problem by removing the RTC battery from your laptop and then putting back after 7 to 5 minutes? After doing that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? I think after trying this solution problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to remove RTC from laptop then I will help you with it.

• You have to first make sure that there are not additional devices connected with your laptop.
    • Turn off your laptop.
    • After that you have to remove hard drive bay cover from your HP laptop.
    • After removing that you have to disconnect the RTC battery cable.
    • Now remove RTC battery.

After 6 to 7 minutes you have to connect battery again with your laptop and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

Yes removing the RTC battery from laptop and then connecting it again can solve this problem. With my laptop I was experiencing the same problem and then I have disconnect the RTC battery from my laptop and then I have connected it with my laptop again and then when I start my laptop at that time I didn’t get any problem. You should also try this solution.

Well I have removed the battery from my laptop and then and then I pressed he power button and after that I have inserted the battery again and then when I try to start my laptop at that time I get same problem. Remocing RTC battery from laptop and then putting it back again does not help me to solve this problem.

You have mentioned that after trying this solution also same problem is occurring sand that is why I would like to tell you that you should contact HP support and ask them about the problem which you are facing in your HP Pavilion dv4 1428dx. Now after that they will fix your problem.