Thread: No Middle East maps for TomTom GO LIVE 1005 yet

No Middle East maps for TomTom GO LIVE 1005 yet

so I ma planning to get this GO LIVE 1005 GPS navigation system for me and I was just wondering that will this device going to get the map for the Middle East maps. Is there eb any plan and if yes when will be it released . it is really an issue that the 1000 series has already on the market for a while now and there are lot of user of this device complaining about it . is there anyone here can help me on this issue I will be really appreciating that

Re: No Middle East maps for TomTom GO LIVE 1005 yet

I have seen the FQA for the updates and there was mentioned that the single maps will be available soon. Find the FQA and click the updated me option in there and you will get the email notification if that is available . they have recently have recently release the Map Update Service for the UK for the same device so it won’t be taking long for middle east

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis M View Post
    I have seen the FQA for the updates and there was mentioned that the single maps will be available soon. Find the FQA and click the updated me option in there and you will get the email notification if that is available . they have recently have recently release the Map Update Service for the UK for the same device so it won’t be taking long for middle east
    Hey thanks for the update t I really appreciate this but is it possible for you to tell me anything about the date .

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Hey thanks for the update t I really appreciate this but is it possible for you to tell me anything about the date .
    Well I can’t say the exact date for the same but there is the news that the Additional maps for MyTomTom is planned to be released soon and once they are available then you have to see if the update for Middle East maps will be there . keeping finger cross

So I jus bought this Tomtom Go 1005 Live World and must tell you that this is one of the best device I have in comparison to the tomtom 930 world but I have one issue with this and that is now I know that the Tomtom Go 1005 Live World will include all the maps although this Middle East map is missing to my surprise. I see the map is available for 139.95. so my question is can I update my device to the Middle East map for free

Hey can you tell me I just purchased my first ever navigator (Tomtom GO live). I stay in Saudi Arabia and sadly the Middle East Maps are not available on Tomtom. although it is certainly offered at Garmin's. Is it likely to purchase the Garmin CD then install it on my Tomtom? as I believe it could not be well-matched with the Tomtom software.
    If it's not is there other answer??

I am very sorry to tell to tell you that the maps from another suppliers will not work on the TomTom device . My only thing that I can suggest you is to return the device and purchase a Garmin that does give the map.