Thread: How to fix Error during TomTom map update downloading.

How to fix Error during TomTom map update downloading.

I have recently purchased the TomTom map update device. I was using since two months one day I got a problem in map downloading. I wanted to download latest Australian map update but unfortunately I could not download because I got an Error. The error was ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/DestinationFileDoesNotExist: Cannot create this file: F:\Australia\cname.dat , after that my GPS (Global positioning system) became useless in the process of installing. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

re: How to fix Error during TomTom map update downloading.

You are talking about Australian map update. Just try to do one thing, connect your unit to computer and make an explorer and backup of your unit’s content. I hope your Australian map will found here.
    c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\
    You can download manually and install the map manually from site. There may be chances of that compressed .cab file corrupted so if this happened so you wouldn’t be able to manually install. So I would suggest you to new download.

I don’t know whether above content will help you or not but let me tell you think if you have old version of TomTom home. So I would suggest you that please remove completely from your device. If you are not able to uninstall home version, I would recommend you that use Revo uninstaller. It is software for to remove the entire junk file from your device. Just download update version of Revo uninstaller and delete the home version after that try to get a new TomTom from site. I hope this will help you.

Yes, I am completely satisfied with above content but I have doubts whether it will work or not. I would suggest that please contact to TomTom tech support. They will definitely help you. Just tell him what type problem you are getting.

1> Connect you GPS device and after that open TomTom home then you will see page 2 click on mange my one then you will see option just click on items on device, select map and tick Australia and after that remove item from your device . Don’t copy.
    2> After that check on computer that map is showing or not. If you are not able to see don’t worry, If you saw please follow this.
    3> Connect your device and open your TomTom home>page2>mange my one> Items on computer > select map and click on Australia and after that remove item from computer.
    4> After that go back to TomTom home page and press update my ONE XL(make sure that you logged in). update and install it.
    It will work.