Thread: TomTom download Freezes

TomTom download Freezes

I am a newbie and don’t know much about this applications but as I know about the tomtom I made a decision to install it. I was with the newest maps bur during the download process though, following 15 % the process froze, and after more than some few hour I gave up and terminated. Made some handful attempts to restart the process a pair of times, but nothing happened. It´s still trapped at 15 %. I want to know why is this occurring. What could be the problem.

re: TomTom download Freezes

Are you getting an error messages. If not try these things.
    * you need to make sure that your TomTom Home application is allowed to fully access the internet and see to it that whether it is blocked by some antivirus or else firewall software.
    * confirm that neither your device nor your system enters any sort of power saving modus.
    * make use of a wired connection so that you are able to connect to your router if probable.

You will be able to alter the settings of your myTT application at the time of performing a click by means of your right mouse button on the taskbar icon of the myTT application. keep in mind that this application should be running at the time of making some attempts to carry out updates. And you will not have any installing issues.

I have some more information in this case which will prove useful in your case.
    # make use of moreover Mozilla Firefox or else Google Chrome as default browser as Internet Explorer is known to be causing difficulty from time to time. I don't recognize regarding Safari though but Firefox and Chrome have proved reliable so far.
    # I also advise that you need to set the preferences of your myTT application that updates get downloaded initial ally without the requirement of having the device attached to your system.

thanks for those replies. how foolish i was , i had some wired connection issues and therefore i was not able to connect to your router. and after making the TomTom Home application allowed to fully access the internet i was with no issues at all.