Thread: After map install XL Live IQ Lost favorites and Home setting ?

After map install XL Live IQ Lost favorites and Home setting ?

I don’t know what just happened I recently installed the Western Europe maps on my XL Live IQ. Everything was working just fine I get to the France and the map changed just fine and then when I came back to the at Folkston today, I saw that all my favorites and my 'Home' setting had gone. Is there anyone here can tell me why this has happened. I guess this occurred during the install , how can I get it back can anyone help

Re: After map install XL Live IQ Lost favorites and Home setting ?

There is only one option that I can think of right now and that is If you have a latest backup of your unit, you need to locate the file mapsettings.cfg in the backup map folder for your tom tom , then copy that back to your device .

There is no other way all your favorites and other settings are stored on the in a file named mapsettings.cfg which you can found in the precise map folder. An updated map installation overwrites a earlier file in lots of cases. It is therefore that many do not make use of Favorites in any way but, rather, make a custom profile that can be keep or copied from map update to map update.

There is very simple solution to this all you need to do is to do is go to the Preferences to switch the map and select the Great Britain and Northern Ireland hope this help you

This is really very frustrating . I just had the paid updated for France. After the map update I disconnected GPS from computer, and turned it back on. And now I am not able to see my favorites and recent destinations. I go to the Tom Tom home and did install my last back up and as usual it prompted me that all the update will be lost till this point so as I wanted to lose my update as I paid for that so I did the another back up which of course was speed and should contain the favorites but it doesn’t have my favorite . I don’t know to do can anyone help me to get back my back up I will be really help

Well I suggest to you have to Copy the mapsettings.cfg file on the a backed up FRance map to the latest France map. make use of Explorer or Finder if a Mac.

Thanks for the reply and I have done as you said and got the file and copied it into documents for the reasoned that I don’t have the explorer whatever that is. Now it is on the document folder and I have no idea is it what to do with it can anyone here assist me on this where is the explorer and how can I get it .

Can you tell me what are you using is it windows or it is the Mac OS X. if it is the windows then go to the Windows Explorer, file manager that you use to copy the file the mapsettings.cfg by the back up map to the updated map on the device .it doesn't go into your documents folder on the pc.

See is this help

1. Go to the start
    2. All Programs
    3. Accessories
    4. Windows Explorer

Just click it you will able to start the explorer and copy the mapsettings.cfg file on the a backed up FRance map to the latest France map

I have compensated for installed extra detailed map for France to the place where I live plus work. Have all the time done back up of tom tom one 3rd edition beforehand, turned the device back on plus recent destination and favorites have vanished and I’m beside in my opinion without the favorites! I have did all i can think of to get them back can anyone help me ?

Do you have the Explorer and are you using it . just don’t try to open the file all you have to do is just duplicate it on to the to the France map folder on the device and for that you need to do is to be connected to the computer, of course