Thread: Sata II Hard disk cannot be detected in the Fujitsu Amilo M1437G

Sata II Hard disk cannot be detected in the Fujitsu Amilo M1437G

Hi friends I have Fujitsu Amilo M1437G laptop and I have recently bought Seagate Momentus 250GB hard disk and when I connect it with my laptop but after that also I get same problem. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Sata II Hard disk cannot be detected in the Fujitsu Amilo M1437G

After referring your issue I would like to suggest you that you should first check when you start your Fujitsu Amilo M1437G laptop after connecting it with your New HDD at that time it gets detected in the BIOS or not? If it detects in the BIOS but your windows is not able to show it then you should check whether disk management is showing your HDD or not?

I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

As far as I know many times by doing the BIOS update also this type of problem can get solved. You should first download BIOS update file from the internet and after downloading the BIOS update file you have to make bootable disc of it and then update BIOS in your laptop. Now after updating the BIOS in your laptop you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? According to me after updating the BIOS in your Fujitsu Amilo M1437G laptop your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

Well according to me you should connect your HDD with any other laptop or computer and then you have to check whether same problem Is occurring or not? If you are not facing same problem after connecting the HDD with any other laptop then there might be something wrong your Amilo M1437G otherwise something else is causing this problem.

I have already tried to solve this problem by updating the BIOS in my laptop but after updating the BIOS in my laptop also I get same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by updating the SATA drivers with no luck.

If anyone have solution regarding this problem then please help me out.

After reading your problem I have tried to search solution on the internet and I have come to know that Fujitsu Amilo M1437G laptop is not compatible with the SATA2 drives and that is the main reason why you are experiencing this problem.

I totally agree with the above solution. I was trying to connect my western digital hard disk and my laptop was not able to detect that and after that when I connect my old Hitachi hard disk at that time it works great. If there is any way to connect SATA2 hard disk with this laptop then let me know.

Yes same problem was occurred with me also. My Fujitsu Amilo M1437G was not able to recognize Seagate hard disk and then I have tried to connect it with other computer and at that time it worked fine. Now after that I have contact Fujitsu support and then they have told me that this laptop is not compatible with SATA 2 drives. I hope this information will might be helpful for others.