Thread: Lenovo introduced software called Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

Lenovo introduced software called Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

I am very much happy with the newly introduced software application by Lenovo that is named as Lenovo Solution Center (LSD). I am keen to know about this diagnostic and utility suite.

I was told that we can possibly learn a lot about this new application, key features, and also can access the files for downloading through the official support site. What do you all Lenovo users think about this newly introduced suite?

Re: Lenovo introduced software called Lenovo Solution Center (LSC)

I was told by someone that this Lenovo Solution Center has been introduced in order to replace Thinkvantage Systems Toolbox that is actually knows as the pc doctor, as it was said by marklenovo that, "we are sun setting" toolbox. I guess they have tested this Lenovo Solution Center (LSC) very well. It is actually very much impressive if you look at its design.

I am already using it and let me tell you something whenever I click on action center, maintenance, and the reliability report shows (459) informational events in a single day.

I would really love to share some related information about this NEW Lenovo Solution Center. As everyone knows that the Lenovo Solution Center is a new software that allows the users to quickly identify the status for system health, then network connection and also allows to check the overall system security.

Also it provides the users with the ability to quickly monitor the health and security of their machine. Then it also optimizes the performance and then takes the action to reduce and also to prevent the downtime. It has also been said that it is very much limited with its products; I mean to say that this software is compatible only with some limited Lenovo models.

If I am not mistaken I have been hearing news that Windows installer reconfigured the same product with some changes I guess:
    • Product Name: Microsoft Application Error Reporting
    • Product Version: 12.0.6015.5000
    • Product Language: 1033
    • Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    • Reconfiguration success or error status: 0

I have a Tablet X61 with windows 7 32bit running on it, and I have also tested the utility suite on this system, had a worst experience and really hate this software. The SMART test don’t know why didn’t work in my system.

Also one more thing is that on my tablet pc I noticed that the Lenovo Solution Center icon was actually light-grey and also it was half covered by the power manager icon in the task bar. Also I noticed that after I resume from the hibernation mode the green power manager battery symbol was actually flickering and jumping in the taskbar.

Not just this also the CPU usage was raised to the maximum. I don’t know why such unusual behavior occurred, also I was not interested in know it so I better removed the Lenovo Solution Center from my system.

Not just this also the CPU usage was raised to the maximum. I don’t know why such unusual behavior occurred, also I was not interested in know it so I better removed the Lenovo Solution Center from my system.
    I am sure you are not aware of this software completely. I would better suggest you to first learn and know the complete details of the compatibilities of this software application. Let me tell you that as I have already mentioned above that this utility suite only compatible to certain limited Lenovo models and for your kind information your model which you have mentioned above i.e. X61 does not come under those compatible models.

Amongst the X series there are:
    X1, X121e, X130, X220, X220 Tablet, X220i, X220i Tablet

As per my knowledge I guess Lenovo solution center also won’t be able to get installed in windows XP. If you are aware you must know that win XP already had a great start in 2001 but now time has passed away a lot, now it’s time for XP to move further. I am not sure whether Lenovo is going to spend more money and efforts in new software for XP. If you look out from the business point of view it really doesn’t makes any sense. This diagnostic runs only on Windows 7 32bit and 64bit.