Thread: Can a china Android 2.2 tablet be upgraded to Honeycomb OS?

Can a china Android 2.2 tablet be upgraded to Honeycomb OS?

Hey guys I have got a china tablet with Android 2.2 in it. now I want to know will I be able to upgrade it to the honeycomb operating system, will it be possible to do that. Well I am not satisfied with the number of applications in this OS and hence I want to upgrade it to the honeycomb. I know that ICS is also being made available for the selected tablets and phone I would be glad if my tablet gets the opportunity of having it, anyways I would like to stick to honeycomb OS now what are your views for the same? Please advise.

Re: Can a china Android 2.2 tablet be upgraded to Honeycomb OS?

I don’t think so china tablet will be having this opportunity of having the update forget about the honeycomb you wont be able to update it to the Gingerbread as well, that’s what I am saying. So do look into that this is all what I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    Hey guys I have got a china tablet with Android 2.2 in it. now I want to know will I be able to upgrade it to the honeycomb operating system, will it be possible to do that. Well I am not satisfied with the number of applications in this OS and hence I want to upgrade it to the honeycomb. I know that ICS is also being made available for the selected tablets and phone I would be glad if my tablet gets the opportunity of having it, anyways I would like to stick to honeycomb OS now what are your views for the same? Please advise.
    Which tablet are you having. If you want a update then probably wait for the manufacturer to send that update to you. That’s all you have to do. So now confirm which manufacturer does your tablet belongs to and if it belongs to some brand name then you will be getting the updates in your notification area. That’s all I have to say here.

Well I have heard about the rooting process, will I be able to root this tablet and install honeycomb OS as well? That’s what I want to know. Do tell me something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    Well I have heard about the rooting process, will I be able to root this tablet and install honeycomb OS as well? That’s what I want to know. Do tell me something about it.
    Dude for that you need a custom rom for that unless and until you don’t have the custom rom for that tablet built you can’t make any type of rooting process at all. You can also refer this site to get information on rooting of the tablets.

That’s what you can do.