Thread: Access connection has stopped working in my Lenovo T61p

Access connection has stopped working in my Lenovo T61p

I guess the Lenovo products have bad access connections. I have my T61p with me from past 1 month which is under warranty till next year. The system is running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on it.

Now the thing is that whenever I try to use Access Connections with my Nokia USB internet Key, the access connections stops working. It actually crashes giving some critical error and them I am forced to restart the whole system whenever I use the USB key. Why it’s happening, any one knows anything about it?

Re: Access connection has stopped working in my Lenovo T61p

If I try to use any of the access connection (any of 5.62, 5.72, 5.83, 5.84 and 5.85 - currently installed) on my system with the Nokia USB internet key I can see the same unwanted result. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Access Connections many times including all the new profiles.

And let me tell you that I face no such above problems if I uninstall Access Connections and then use Windows Wireless. I have a doubt, heard that the access connections in not going to come with the new Lenovo laptop models for near around next year I guess. Os is it that they are not even going to look after the issue which is being faced by the users who are currently using this technology.

Let me first tell you all that the USB Key is a Nokia CS-18 3+ GB/sec Internet key. According to me the main reason for the access connection to blow up is just because the connection takes the USB connections as a wireless LAN connection. Already this case has been reported with Sony Ericcson earlier keys.

As per my knowledge we use access connections, because if we have suppose some 10 wireless connections, the access connection sorts them out and then prevents the interference of the other nearby wireless connections. This concept is quite appreciable and also it can work without an USB.

But when you use a USB connection, it unable to understand what to do and then therefore it fails. I would better advice you to uninstall the access connections if you are running a windows 7. There is no requirement of access connections on win 7 I believe.

The access connection can blow up or crash on any of the IP connection that are established by windows that the Access connection cannot recognize as coming through a device driver interface. So think there is nothing wrong with the treatment of the external USB device. Right now currently I am using a couple of Sierra wireless 3G and LTE external devices connected through a USB port and let me tell you that they are working very well with the current relese of Access Connections.

Before this I have used Huawei and ZTE 3G external devices on a similar basis which worked without any issue.

Let me first tell you all that the USB Key is a Nokia CS-18 3+ GB/sec Internet key. According to me the main reason for the access connection to blow up is just because the connection takes the USB connections as a wireless LAN connection. Already this case has been reported with Sony Ericcson earlier keys.
    As according to my point I think the access connection should definitely not do this, instead it should have a settings or a flag that actually says “ignore this device and never use it”.

I somehow agree with you that there may be some conflict but that is what exactly my local ISP sells out. Heard that there are 4G keys that are coming out that will be different and which may also resolve the issue, it would be most probably be able to tell the access connection to ignore a device. Also I would say that it is very much not acceptable to assume the USB as a wired LAN device.

Ok, now I have applied a good dollop of sheer logic and then found out a fix for this issue. I have now eliminated the crashes and now I can use either USB or 802.11, without uninstalling or deleting any of them. It just takes some 1 minute of inconvenience that too at the beginning. But any how it’s better than the crashing.