Thread: How to install Windows Phone 7/7.5 on HTC sensation XE

How to install Windows Phone 7/7.5 on HTC sensation XE

I don’t know whether it is a possible thing or not but I hope that someone will help me to find a way for this. There are 2 phones at my home. One is HTC sensation and other is Sensation XE. I want to install Windows phone 7 or Mango update on it. Is it possible?

Re: How to install Windows Phone 7/7.5 on HTC sensation XE

That is not simple. Apart from the fact that there is no Windows phone 7 open source system like Android, and the use must be licensed from Microsoft. I have experience with Crosscompiling and driver development for embedded systems. There is no such project is on progress yet.

Currently there are no WP7 projects that would run on a HTC sensation, because, among other things, the screen resolution is currently non-supported by WP7. If you want WP7 then I would really buy a suitable mobile phone to do so. Otherwise you need to flash the phone with a CustomROM in order to get the Windows phone 7. I don’t know whether there are any customROMs made for WP7 but still I am looking into it.

I knew nothing about it that WP7 projects on any port to Android devices. But now the HTC HD2, is virtually the only device with a sense of usable to port WP7. This is because it has same processor as the first generation of WP7 devices. For the dual-core processor of the sensation, there are probably simply been no support from the OS. In addition, one must also note that so far to bring the Android actually simpler way to a WP7 device is also not yet happened. So I strongly suspect that it will be possible in any way.

If you want to get the Windows phone 7 on HTC, why don’t you buy HD7. I you don’t need Android devices any longer, you can sell both phone and get a new HTC android phone. As far as I know that this is a top model Windows Phone. It is now updated with Microsoft Mango. The IE9 bring HTML5 as well as flash.