Thread: Zune freezes between songs in HTC Windows Phone 7

Zune freezes between songs in HTC Windows Phone 7

Does anyone else hear about this issue? Currently there are many posts saying about Zune on HTC Windows Phone 7 freezes between songs. The problem is during the playback and it is connected to the car audio system by the use of 3.5mm jack. I tried listening from both wired and wireless headphones but in both cases, it randomly locks up between songs. It happens with both playback drm-protected Zune Pass media and drm-free mp3's. How can I solve this?

Re: Zune freezes between songs in HTC Windows Phone 7

At first for this issue HTC has released the firmware fix, 2250.21.51101.111. If you haven’t got this update, you should complain about it to the mobile manufacturer. But the MS tech support tells that the patch is originally present in the firmware version 2250.21.51002.513. But on the other side the HTC itself not aware about this firmware. I am really confused now and don’t know which firmware is original and which one should I get now.

Actually you are wrong. The real and confirmed firmware is update 2250.21.50002.707 and this could fix your problem. I don’t say that, the problem is of Microsoft and Zune but it is everything about HTC. I appreciate your comments over this.

I wanted to share my finding regarding this issue. It seems to me that somehow you have enabled the show Album art on the lock screen. This a feature in Zune. Disabling that might help you to solve the issue and will not occur again. In my case, I got playlist where having a lockup problem. The play list caused me to lock the phone nearly 4 times. For that reason I have disabled the album art on lock screen feature so that it can let it play little more time and see what exactly the problem is.

In my case HTc hub had made a job very easily. It played four DRM tracks and there was no freeze at all. So it seems to me like a temporary solution. This issue is really annoying for Windows Phone 7 users as they need to take out their batter out to bring back the phone alive after every few tracks played.

It seems like the issue is far more common on all HTC devices which are running Windows phone 7. Those who are getting the issue, they should directly raise support issue with HTC. I also posted a thread on Microsoft support regarding the same. I hope that this information will be enough for them to find the source of the problem. Some says that it is not a Mango bug but it is all about HTC bug. I tried all possible workarounds but none of them work for me.

Microsoft already announced that they are aware about the issue and still investigating the reports. They customer support team is working on the individuals reporting. They are doing everything to determine the root cause of any issues. The summary is as follows:
    • All problems is on HTC models and most of them them HTC HD7s
    • You will not notice the problem when rolled back to NoDo
    • W problem is both in with and without DRM’d tracks
    • Disabling the album art on the lock screen solved the problem (temporarily) but returns after next reboot
    • The problem occurs when the phone is connected to a power source or screen is not locked
    • On both MP3 and WMA tracks, same problem.

I have noticed that several users are on the same problem. All of them are only into complaining the issue on some forums or techsupport page. None of them are trying to find a work around for the problem. I think that it is a hardware issue and for that I would hard reset the device by backing up my data first. Let’s see if that can solves. Otherwise you should get your phone to be replaced.