Thread: Is there a Tablet with real GPS and not aGPS ?

Is there a Tablet with real GPS and not aGPS ?

Hey guys I am looking for a tablet that is having and not a-GPS, I mean the one having the real GPS chip which can allow me to get the position from the satellite without any wireless access, I have been looking out for the same but then I have not yet found one, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out finding any??

Re: Is there a Tablet with real GPS and not aGPS ?

Hey guys I am looking for a tablet that is having and not a-GPS, I mean the one having the real GPS chip which can allow me to get the position from the satellite without any wireless access, I have been looking out for the same but then I have not yet found one, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out finding any??
    As far as I am aware there are some tablets that have aGPS, I also wanted to add that the aGPS basically uses the same radio for both cellular and GPS and if anyone of it is not available then it will use the other. I have checked out for the same and I think that the Galaxy Tab WiFi works the same, I mean to say even though it is not having cellular radio but then it can still do gps. You can just check it out in detail and see if it is the one you are looking for.

I have been looking after the same and even I have found some confusing and varying answers, I think that the best way to find it out will be getting one of the ones that are said to be having the aGPS and check it out if it is working without the wifi, or is there anyone who has tried out so and is quite sure about it?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

I think that I can clear your confusion here, I am having a Transformer TF101 and it seems to be having the real gps that you are looking for, I am quite sure about the same as once I was there at a place where there was no wireless access but then it was still capable of doing gps????if possible just check out the same and see if that’s what you are willing to get or not.

There is nothing to get confused with GPS or aGPS actually both of them are REAL GPS systems the only difference between them is that regular GPS's take more time to find out the initial position where as the aGPS takes about 20 to 30 seconds to find out the initial position, I will also like to share that the developers have came up with this protocol naming protocol which is capable of getting the coordinates of the nearest cellular antennas and thus takes less time in finding out position, so hope you all got that both GPS and aGPS are real positioning tracking systems but then the position lock on aGPS system is quite faster.

I don’t think that is still clearing all the doubts that I am having I mean that is it possible to use a tablet having aGPS without a SIM card, and it still capable of receiving satellite signal, I have tried out the same with iPad 2 which is said to be having aGPS but then it did not worked, what do you have to say about the same?? Just to explain the same in detail if I am in an area where the phone cannot receive gps satellites signals and there is no wifi connection or a cellular connection then can a Android tablet work with gps or a-gps???

I able to do the same with galaxy tab which is having a basic calls only but then no data sim card, I think that it is having the agps feature may be I am sure.