Thread: How to remove CyanogenMod in HTC Evo 4G

How to remove CyanogenMod in HTC Evo 4G

hi guys
    I just bought this phone from my friend and like to tell you that this is one on the best phone that I have a ever seen but I have one problem and that is I need help on some thing that have been looking for 2 weeks but unable to get the answer to that actual I want to remove CyanogenMod in HTC Evo 4G . I am not in to modding. So is there anyone here will help me on this I will be really appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: How to remove CyanogenMod in HTC Evo 4G

I have the similar issue The case is I install the CyanogenMod on my android (HTC wildfire) but no longer want to have because I can not use the radio, so I want to tell help in how I can uninstall this mod on my phone, because I've done factory resets and reboot continuously but noting is helping . please help

Well the option is simple for you and that is you have to Flash a stock rom the same way you would flash a custom rom. Hope this would help you

To uninstall CyanogenMod, you might need to learn how to flash your handset anyhow. It's actually not hard. You can discover directions for the entire procedure on the CyanogenMod website, and there are also YouTube videos that can assist you. CyanogenMod do not contain Google application for the reason that of legal basis, and you might require to flash them manually. The process is precisely the same as flashing an normal rom, and directions for that are included in the site. I recommend you stay with CyanogenMod. CyanogenMod is very "stock", however has better performance as a whole. Re-flash it only so you have a clean start.

Well if you have the rom manager which is available, in the android market then go to and download rom. And in case you did not flashed CWM it prompts you with it. Google apps and done.

Enter the official website of Cyanogen, look it up in google ... and see if your phone is ... and there you see link to download everything you need .... to have a manual, in English, q guide you

Hey guys I need help on removeinf adw launcher and put in its place Go launcher & fact is that if you remove a Root explorer shows that adw is removed, but after copying the Go launcher it does not appear in your app and after rebooting the device adw launcher back in place in your app!!! Please help me understand this question! Very very please. Incidentally I have just deleted the old firmware adw Cyanogen 7.0.3, now decided to upgrade to 7.1.0.1 and nothing to remove adw not work, and also ask the old established Nitsche comes out. Could this be due to the fact that I have created a section of Ext?

Personally, I replaced the launcher in the firmware itself .Throw in a folder system-app I needed, and removed the Launcher2. You'll still contain super user as well as busy box installed. You might be able to unroot although I'm not completely certain.

Hey guys I need help , I have a Samsung SGH T959 Vibrant, I just installed the a CyanogenMod ROM, the problem is that I do not like it and now I need to replacing however I am not able to do that , I've flashed other ROM but when it finishes flashing it goes to sleep like normal and everything goes back as it was earlier .
    I appreciate the help! Thank you

Well I will like to suggest you that You don't uninstall the a ROM , just wipe with flash with the other ROM . If you need to go back to stock, just download the stock rom.

Hope this help you
    • Just download PC36IMGS-ON google search for this
    • Now save the file on the SD card and rename it to PC36IMG.zip
    • Go to the HBOOT and flash zip this will uproot your phone
    • Restart the phone and rename the fill back to PC36IMGS-On.zip
    • Now Rename PC36IMGstock.zip to PC36IMG.zip
    • Go on the HBOOT and flash zip and that will take some time to complete
    • Restart phone once more after setup process for Sense 2.3.3
    • Now on the system updates, check for all updates

That it this will bring your phoen back to unrooted stock