Thread: How to transfer contacts from mobile T-Mobile G1 to iphone.

How to transfer contacts from mobile T-Mobile G1 to iphone.

I have been using g1 and iphone from two months. Actually I am doing a business so there is so many contact numbers in g1. I am facing problem to handle entire contact number. I just wanted to transfer entire contact number to my iphone. So can anyone tell me how to transfer entire contact to my iphone?

re: How to transfer contacts from mobile T-Mobile G1 to iphone.

I had the same problem before two months. I went gallery and I told entire things to one man. He gave me some ideas about how to transfer contact from one phone to another phone. He told me that just copy your entire contact in sim and then that sim please put into iphone and just copy into phone memory of iphone. It was helpful for me. So I would suggest you that please try this.

I had the same problem. I tried to search out from the internet and got one interesting solution.
    First transfer your contact your from g1 to computer via USB. Second, you can transfer your entire contact number with the help of iphone contact transfer. If you want to back up your sms, multimedia from iphone then you have to use third software i.e. itunes. Itunes is only software it supports multimedia. You can use iphone back up freeware. You can use tansee iphone transfer contact. You can download from site. You can easily transfer your contact from computer to iphone.

I had the same problem last month. One of my friends told me that if you sync with gmail account it will help you to transfer your contact number from g1 to iphone. One more thing, you can do just download the itunes software from internet and install in pc. After that just connect you g1 via USB and copy entire contacts. After that please connect iphone, iphone only connects with computer when you have installed itunes software. When you will connect your iphone it will automatically connect with itunes, you can easily transfer you entire contacts to iphone.

There is a good tutorial on how to sync your contacts with a Google mail account here:

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

Once you sync your g1 contacts with a Gmail account (if you do not have one, you can simply create just for that matter), you would be able to then sync your iPhone with that same account in the same way.

As a result, your g1 contacts will be transferred to your iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by darioG View Post
    There is a good tutorial on how to sync your contacts with a Google mail account here:

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/
    After some searching around on Google, you can find literary countless ways of transferring/syncing iPhone contacts on multiple iPhone devices. The following looks like a good offline alternative for iPhone contact transfer:

Of course if you are transferring contacts between two more recent iOS devices supporting iOS 5, you can use the iCloud. Again, a matter of preference: do you wish to send all your data to Apple's servers or you'd prefer managing iPhone contacts offline.