Thread: How to take a screenshot from HTC Desire HD

How to take a screenshot from HTC Desire HD

I have recently bought a HTC Desire HD and I am not having any such issues with the same but then today when I accidentally double click the power button then it had taken a screenshot but then when I am trying to do the same again then its not, I don’t remember what I had actually done for the first time, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: How to take a screenshot from HTC Desire HD

I have recently bought a HTC Desire HD and I am not having any such issues with the same but then today when I accidentally double click the power button then it had taken a screenshot but then when I am trying to do the same again then its not, I don’t remember what I had actually done for the first time, is there anyone who can help me out??
    As far as I am aware you cannot take a screenshot from the phone directly as you have mentioned, but then it is possible if you install the Android SDK and there are a no of guides on the web for taking the screenshot.

If you want to take it on just a click then you will have to root the phone and after that get download and install and app named ShootMe from the Market and after that you can just shake the phone to take a screen shot. Hope that helps.

I was going to say the same I have found that there is no functionality on the unrooted HTC Desire HD where you can take screenshot by pressing the power button twice as you have mentioned but then you will have to get the below software’s and install it on your computer:
    • The Android software development kit (SDK)
    • The Java SE software development kit (SDK)

And as it is said above there are a no of guides with the descriptive solution for completing the further process.

I think that I can help you out here, just follow the below solutions:
    First download and install the Android SDK on your system after that go in to Settings > Applications > Development and then check mark the USB debugging option.
    After that connect your phone to the computer using usb and then run the ddms tool and then you will get something like the below:

When you get the above screen then select your device and then go on Device > Screen Capture and then you current screenshot will be displayed. Hope that helps.

I found out how to screenshot without downloading any of the things that you guys are talking about. All you do is hold the power button down and while holding click the home button. Took me a while to figure it out without doing it by accident but it works every time.

no need to download anything, hold down the power button and while holding touch the home button. It should work.