Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Thinkvantage toolbox toolbar keeps coming after restart

Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Thinkvantage toolbox toolbar keeps coming after restart

I have recently bought Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and the problem that I am facing with it is that the toolbox toolbar keeps coming back even thought I have unchecked the “Show Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox Status Icon in the task bar” option in the Thinkvantage Toolbox. I have checked it out and it appears to be uncheck but then I don’t know why it comes back after restart, is there anything that I can do about it??

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Thinkvantage toolbox toolbar keeps coming after restart

I have recently bought Lenovo ThinkPad T420 and the problem that I am facing with it is that the toolbox toolbar keeps coming back even thought I have unchecked the “Show Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox Status Icon in the task bar” option in the Thinkvantage Toolbox. I have checked it out and it appears to be uncheck but then I don’t know why it comes back after restart, is there anything that I can do about it??
    I have been facing the same issue but then I have not yet found a solution for the same by now, but then if you want then you can just try out a trick which I am doing as well, just Rename "PcdToolbar584923.dll" to "PcdToolbar584923.original.dll" which will be in "c:\program files\pc-doctor" and after that reboot the machine and then it won’t be coming back as the system will be not find it out. Hope that helps.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Thinkvantage toolbox toolbar keeps coming after restart

I have a better idea for you, I mean that if you are not using the Access Connections and Power Manager toolbars then you can simply uninstall the toolbox application and then the issue will get solved but then if you just want to get rid of the toolbox toolbar then you can try out the above trick. It is really a good I should have thought of the same in my case, anyways I was not actually using the toolbox application and that’s the reason I did not had any issues in uninstalling.

I don’t know how come you are facing this issue I am saying so because even I am having Lenovo ThinkPad T420 which is running on Win7 x64 Home Premium and I am not having any such issues and the Toolbox toolbar stays off other than this the Windows file indexing stays off as well, in my case I am having Thinkvantage Toolbox version 6.0.5849.23, if you are having a different one than try to switch to the version that I am having and see if it is helping or not.