Thread: Cannot login using ThinkVantage Fingerprint software in Lenovo T410 (NT7Q7MC)

Cannot login using ThinkVantage Fingerprint software in Lenovo T410 (NT7Q7MC)

I am having Lenovo T410 (NT7Q7MC) and the problem is that I am not able to login using the fingerprint reader, there is nothing wrong with the fingerprint reader as I have enrolled fingerprints and have enabled fingerprint without any issues, just to explain when the machine starts then it ask me Swipe finger on green and when I do so then nothing happens and it just flashes green again, what can I do here? Currently I am trying to login with the domain account.

Re: Cannot login using ThinkVantage Fingerprint software in Lenovo T410 (NT7Q7MC)

I am having Lenovo T410 (NT7Q7MC) and the problem is that I am not able to login using the fingerprint reader, there is nothing wrong with the fingerprint reader as I have enrolled fingerprints and have enabled fingerprint without any issues, just to explain when the machine starts then it ask me Swipe finger on green and when I do so then nothing happens and it just flashes green again, what can I do here? Currently I am trying to login with the domain account.
    I just wanted to know that what is the operating system in your case and what is the version of the ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software that you are using and have you tried uninstalling the fingerprint software and driver and then reinstalling it again just to check if it is making any difference???

Re: Cannot login using ThinkVantage Fingerprint software in Lenovo T410 (NT7Q7MC)

I am having the following:
    • Operating system: Windows 7 x64
    • ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software version: 5.9.4

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the software and the drivers as well but then it is just not making any difference and I am still having the same issue, is there any other thing that I can try out to solve this issue??

As far as the domain account is concerned you can just go in to control panel and then look out for the finger and then click on the "change biometric settings" options and then just check mark the “allow user to log on to a domain.” Option and after that you won’t be having issues with the domain accounts. Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping.

I have been facing the same issue, I am not having any problem in login to machine from a Local account but then I don’t know why the Fingersensor is not allowing me to log into my Domain account but then it is just turning on the machine, I have tried following the solution that you have mentioned but then in my case I was not able to find out any option saying “allow user to log on to a domain.”, I don’t think that I have missed anything, my system specification is as followed:
    • Lenovo X220 (4286-CTO)
    • ThinkVantage Fingerprint Software version: 5.9.4

I think that you might have not followed the right place in the control panel, if you do exactly what I have mentioned above post then you should get rid of this issue, anyways after opening Control Panel, type "finger" in the search field and after that you will get a no of list of options and there will be one saying "Change biometric settings" at the bottom, so when you click on the same then there will be one setting to turn biometrics on or off and also select two options to allow using the fingerprint reader from which you have to select the “allow user to log on to a domain.”, I think that I have made it quite simpler for you so just try out the same and let me know if you have any further issues.

I have again tried to follow the same solution but then there is no "Change biometric settings" option out there I am just able to get Fingerprint Reader and below that there is option for Enroll Fingerprint and Remove Fingerprint Data, what should I do know?? Is there any other way of solving it out?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.