Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 4313 Thinkvantage toolbox keeps warning about 'Scheduled Hardware Check'

Lenovo ThinkPad T510 4313 Thinkvantage toolbox keeps warning about 'Scheduled Hardware Check'

I own a Lenovo ThinkPad T510 4313 which is running on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and the problem that I am facing is that the Thinkvantage toolbox keeps warning about 'Scheduled Hardware Check' and starts the check after every 15 minutes and I have to cancel the pop up every time to avoid the test. I have checked out the settings of toolbox and it is set for once in a month, I don’t know why is it launching the check so frequently, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me in getting rid of it??

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 4313 Thinkvantage toolbox keeps warning about 'Scheduled Hardware Check'

I own a Lenovo ThinkPad T510 4313 which is running on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and the problem that I am facing is that the Thinkvantage toolbox keeps warning about 'Scheduled Hardware Check' and starts the check after every 15 minutes and I have to cancel the pop up every time to avoid the test. I have checked out the settings of toolbox and it is set for once in a month, I don’t know why is it launching the check so frequently, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me in getting rid of it??
    I think that the Toolbox might have got corrupted by some virus, you should better try to uninstall Toolbox and then install it again which will just reset all the configuration and settings, if the problem remains the same then just check out the windows log and see if there is anything that you think can be suspicious and then let me know about it for further help.

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad T510 4313 Thinkvantage toolbox keeps warning about 'Scheduled Hardware Check'

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the toolbox but then it is not making any difference and the issue remains the same, other than this I have also checked out the windows log and there was nothing that I can doubt to be strange and suspicious. I also wanted to share that when I trying to go in to the settings of the toolbox then I am getting another error message saying the following:
    'Scheduled Hardware Check in not correctly configured. Please review the following settings and save'
    So there when I click on the save button the date that is mentioned out there gets changed where as when I am un-checking the 'Enable Scheduled Hardware Check' and then trying to save then it automatically checkmark the checkbox.

I doubt that you might have checked out the log properly anyways could you please check it out one again and see if there is any red signs in there and if you find it then check the device to which is linked as well. I really doubt it to be a virus so make sure that you are performing a complete scan if the system using McAfee antivirus or any trusted one that you have or you can get.

I was having the same issue once and I was trying out a no of solution and later I just had the option of reinstalling the windows and I did the same and then the issue got solved, if you want then you can try out the same but then just make sure that you are backing up all the important data that you need. Best of luck.