Thread: IDT Audio Control Panel settings in Dell Latitude E6520 (Windows XP)

IDT Audio Control Panel settings in Dell Latitude E6520 (Windows XP)

My office gave me Dell latitude E6520 with Windows XP installed on it. I didn’t know what Audio drives installed. When I look into the Windows XP audio panel, it showed me IDT Audio Control Panel. I selected it and then clicked the "Advanced" button but it does nothing. I can see only two radio buttons only "Power" and "Miscellaneous". I didn’t get the settings for equalization or HDMI or anything like that. I have installed IDT High Definition Audio CODEC but control panel does nothing. My friend has Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 and he is having all the settings for IDT HD Sound. What is the problem in my laptop?

Re: IDT Audio Control Panel settings in Dell Latitude E6520 (Windows XP)

It is really hard to say what kind of problem you are getting now. Meanwhile go to Start>Control Panel>IDT. You said that you can get the power management configuration. Make sure that it is configured to provide the full performance. If you want the IDT control panel, I think that could be some other type of settings.

In Intel's page, there is a utility to check the hardware, and install the appropriate drivers. It may not be, because it is configured for Vista, not XP.

I had somewhat similar problem, so this is the driver IDT High Definition Audio Codec that I was apparently dropped. In the device manager it showed me a yellow icon with an exclamation point. . And so I have no sound. I had downloaded various drivers etc fine. I fall on the same problem, in short a real vicious circle.

When I got the same problem, first I have downloaded and unzipped the latest version driver, change the file name from STWRT.inf to STHDA.inf and the driver tells me it still cannot install because it's XP. So I went through Device Manager and there it is: "A device attached to system not functioning properly. So I uninstalled IDT High Definition and repeated the same operation as before and exactly the same mistake!

For the audio or sound controller, it is always recommended to download the driver from the equipment manufacturer’s website and in your case it is DELL. One thing keep in mind that, by just installing the driver, you cannot enable the Stereo Mix function. The connected device will not able to recognize the system.

IDT means: Integrated Device Technology but this can be developed by Realtek or any other. So you have to make sure that what drivers you are downloading.