Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Keyboard light not working

Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Keyboard light not working

I am having and it is Lenovo ThinkPad X200 running on Windows 7 and since after getting all the latest update the Keyboard light has stopped working, I have tried turning the keyboard light on but then I am getting a symbol on the screen saying that the keyboard light is turned on but then it is actually not, is there anyone who has an idea about the same??

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Keyboard light not working

I am having and it is Lenovo ThinkPad X200 running on Windows 7 and since after getting all the latest update the Keyboard light has stopped working, I have tried turning the keyboard light on but then I am getting a symbol on the screen saying that the keyboard light is turned on but then it is actually not, is there anyone who has an idea about the same??
    I will like to inform you all that there might be nothing wrong because of the update as ThinkLight key combination of FN+pgup is not a windows api call but then it is a bios function call, I suspect your light to be dead and in order to check out the same just reboot the machine and then press F1 when you get the logo top boot and after that on the Bios config screen just turn on the think light you won’t be getting OSD notification for the same, so just check if the light is turned on or not, if not then you will have to contact the Lenovo help center to get it repaired.

Even I think that there might be something wrong with the keyboard light actually even I am having Lenovo ThinkPad X200 and it had came installed with Win 7 Home Premium x64 but then now I have installed Win 7 Ultimate x64 and I have installed all the latest update as well and I am not having any issues with the Keyboard light, I was not having such issues with the Win 7 Home Premium x64 as well so better get it checked, I don’t think that it is because of the windows update and all.

I have recently installed Win 7 Ultimate x64 on Lenovo ThinkPad X200 and have installed the upgraded BIOS yesterday and I am not having any issues with the keyboard light but then I don’t know why the graphic has started glitching , I have contacted the Lenovo support but then they were of not help even though I am still under the warranty period, Anyways I just wanted to know if anyone has a workaround that I can try out to solve this issue???? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I am having the same issue with Lenovo ThinkPad X200, I don’t know what has went wrong with the keyboard light after the update, I was suggested to get the latest BIOS installed in other forum to solve it out but then it did not helped, other than this I have also entered the BIOS and had tried pressing the FN + PGUP but then even it is not making any difference is there anyone who has been able to solve this out???

You can count me in as well, I have been looking after a solution for the same but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue and not a single solution, I have came across varying response I mean that some says that the keyboard light might be dead where as some says’s that it is because of the windows update, I have also tried to reset the bios to version 3.10 but then it is just not making any difference.