Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 does not wake up after entering the hibernate mode

Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 does not wake up after entering the hibernate mode

I have been using Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 and it was working fine by now but then yesterday I have made a fresh installation of windows 7 and have also installed the required and the appropriate drivers as well and now the problem that I am facing is that when I close the lid and when it goes in to the hibernate mode then it does not wake up. I have found that the power button blinks and I have tried pressing keys and the power button but then it is not making any difference, the only thing that is working out for me is forcing shutdown is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 does not wake up after entering the hibernate mode

I have been using Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2 and it was working fine by now but then yesterday I have made a fresh installation of windows 7 and have also installed the required and the appropriate drivers as well and now the problem that I am facing is that when I close the lid and when it goes in to the hibernate mode then it does not wake up. I have found that the power button blinks and I have tried pressing keys and the power button but then it is not making any difference, the only thing that is working out for me is forcing shutdown is there anyone who can help me out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that have you tried changing the settings in windows power management and also the lenovo energy management, if you have not tried out the same then just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference or not.

I am aware of the same and I have already tried out changing the settings in windows power management and also the lenovo energy management as well but then it did not helped, is there any other thing that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

In that case I think that you should better try out reinstalling the power management and also check the errors in the system logs and see if you are finding anything to be suspicious, in order to check the event log just click on the my computer > manage > event logs. Just try these things out and then let me know if it is helping.

After your suggestion I have reinstalled the power management but then it is just not making any difference. I have checked out the event log and I have found the below message:
    "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
    I did not got much out of it, do you have an idea about the same??? Is there anything that I have to check out??

I am aware of the it and it seems to be related to the bios, anyways I just wanted to know that which version bios you are having? Is it an updated one? If yes then just try out flashing the bios and see if it is helping, First update the bios and if it did not helped then go for flashing the bios. If you want then you can try to flash it with the below version of the bios:

Other than this I also wanted to know that have you tried just using the hibernate mode only, if not than try that out as well and see what you get.

I have now update the bios as well and it is still not making any difference the issue is still the same, I have checked out using the hibernate mode only and it is working fine with it but then not with the setting of closing the lid and putting it to the hibernate mode, is there any other effective solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? Please help!

If the above solution is not working out for you then I think that you will have to try out reinstalling the windows, I am not very sure if it will work or not but then there does not seems to be an option as well, if possible try it out and then post back the result that you get.