Thread: Dell XPS M1530 display brightness reduced after repair

Dell XPS M1530 display brightness reduced after repair

my Dell XPS M1530 is having this problem with the display after I have replaced it recently due water damage and now when I laptop is on the booting screen its elongated horizontally and when in increase the brightness with 'FN' + up-arrow the brightness won’t increase to the extend it use to be . it was like 30 % less . done every thing that possible but unable to solve this problem . is there anyone here can help me how to solve this problem will be really appreciating it . please guys do reply . is it the bios is the problem

Re: Dell XPS M1530 display brightness reduced after repair

Has the same issue that you are having at the moment , I first though that would be the damaged inverter which may have occur while transferring the new screen. is there any solution to this, really guys this Is now annoying

Did you checked that the replacement screen was the same part as the original. Some time changing the model of the screen does bring this kind of problem , this might be one not supported by the system or else replacing the from a model with an ambient light sensor to one with no (or vice versa) can make what you're describing.

Hey thanks for the reply. I got the screen from the Bliss Computers and the model was WSXGA+ Glossy 15.4" replacement for the Dell XPS M1530. Although the part number was not the same. The old was LP154WE2 15.4 WSXGA+, and the new that I bought was N154Z1-L01which was showing compatible with JV-23A45L-JV. However it is not the same one thing that I also noticed that the bios says "unknown panel" in the setup. That bring me on the conclusion that the correct 'driver' for the BIOS may resolve it. Or this is not going to solve until I get the exact match.

To make it work correctly the panel should be working and must be recognized by the bios . get the latest BIOS so that it may get it to work an dif you have the latest version of the BIOS and the Panel is still not recognized then it's by no means going to work you have to send it back.

That is the exact thing that’s happening with my display . Although the only difference is that I had got the exact same model of display that I was having earlier on my laptop. How ever c2 instead of the original being rev c1. So what could be the problem .

I think that is going to work in any case as the BIOS table recognizes only those screens Wistron used when it built the systems for Dell

There probably is no way. The BIOS table recognizes only those screens Wistron used when it built the systems for Dell.

You can modify the power modes to boost the brightness. choose a "power plan" after that "change plan settings." or else check your BIOS settings, there is brightness controls in there also .