Thread: Sound Crackling, Visual Lag while playing game in Dell XPS 14 L401x

Sound Crackling, Visual Lag while playing game in Dell XPS 14 L401x

HI GUYS

So this is weird the problem with my laptop , lately my laptop is having some problem while playing almost every game that I play on it , Sound Crackling and Visual Lag. Did every thing that is possible like updated the graphic drivers , bios tried a few different drivers, Disabling sound, updated nVidia drivers . everything else works fine but somehow when I I tried to play the game this issue occur . the Game that have this issue are the

• Star Wars: The Old Republic
    • Sims 3
    • Dragon Age
    • Fable 3

This problem is not continuously but comes and goes in regular intervals 2 to 7 minutes. This is really annoying can anyone here assist ne solving this issue I will be really glad to know that

My specs

• Intel Core i7 Processor
    • 8 GB RAM
    • 2GB nVidia GeForce 425M
    • Realtek High Definition Audio
    • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks in advance

Re: Sound Crackling, Visual Lag while playing game in Dell XPS 14 L401x

I had same problem on my machine and then my friend suggested me to installed the cooling system on the machine and that it my problem went away . so guess that it was the overheating problem with the GPU and the CPU . I had the maximum 97 degrees Celsius CPU temp. I guess that why dell is not making this laptop, They're DOA. By the way I am using the Belkin laptop cooler as my cooling system

I have the similar issue on my laptop as well and I have no idea what to do , I done everything possible but still have the damn issue again and again. So heating is the issue according to you but my CPUz is showing eve thing is normal no overheating issue . I don’t want to spend extra but is there any one here can confirm this method works I will be glad

I have this problem while playing the music or video for awhile. The sound get crackling and laggy. And the mean time the laptop get sluggishly . the only solution to this is to close the music or video to make the laptop work again . and id I don’t close the application then the freeze and have to switch it off . I have updated the all the realtek drivers and nVidia drivers. Please help

I don’t have this kind of problem with my laptop but I suggest that you to get the cooling system for your laptop like the above user is saying. The major cause of being the laptop freeze and sluggish is 80 % due to heating , so worth a try .

I can guarantee that my laptop is not running hot . so for me overheating is not the cause of the problem . I guess but I am not sure that the problem is related to the Realtek drivers. I am using my laptop for past 10 month never had this problem. and I also have cooling pad but the problem is still keeps coming on my laptop. CPU and GPU are around 70 degrees Celsius

We’ll try this

Restart the PC
    Press F8 repeatedly
    Select Safe Mode

And then play the music or video Does it still stutter?

This issue was happing even if the drivers weren’t installed , I've I also reinstalled Windows 7 as well as tried other updates , but this was the only thing worked and make my games playable so the cooling fan is the solution .