Thread: Dell Inspiron N5110 Touchpad not working properly

Dell Inspiron N5110 Touchpad not working properly

It has been just a week since the day I have bought the Dell Inspiron N5110 and the problem that I am facing is that the touchpad of the laptop is not working properly, I mean that it works fine for sometimes and sometime it just do not respond to the touch and I am really getting irritated of the same, I don’t know whether it is a hardware issue or a software issue but then I want to get it solved somehow, is there anyone who can help me with a workaround??

Re: Dell Inspiron N5110 Touchpad not working properly

It has been just a week since the day I have bought the Dell Inspiron N5110 and the problem that I am facing is that the touchpad of the laptop is not working properly, I mean that it works fine for sometimes and sometime it just do not respond to the touch and I am really getting irritated of the same, I don’t know whether it is a hardware issue or a software issue but then I want to get it solved somehow, is there anyone who can help me with a workaround??
    If will suggest you to first uninstall the touchpad drivers and after that install it again from the below link and see if it is making any difference:

Make sure that after installing the driver you are rebooting the machine, just try it out and then let me know the result.

I don’t have any problem in installing the driver from the link that you mentioned above but then the problem is that when I will uninstall the driver then the touch pad won’t be working and currently I am not having an external usb mouse to carry out the task, just wanted to know that will the touchpad work for the basic function if I uninstall the driver??? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Even I have been trying to follow the solution that you have mentioned and I am having an external mouse as well but then the problem is that when I am trying to install the driver than it is just not downloading it, is there some other link where I can install the drivers, I really want to solve it somehow, please help. Thanks in advance.

In that case you can just log on to the support.dell.com and after that just click on the drivers and downloads and then fill the details like service tag your operating system and make sure that under the input you are selecting the touchpad drivers and after that install the latest one from the list and see if you are able to install the same or not, just try it out and then post back the result that you get.