Thread: Dell Studio 1558 is resonating because of the speaker

Dell Studio 1558 is resonating because of the speaker

I am having a Dell Studio 1558 and the problem that I am facing is that the speakers are making it to resonate unnecessarily and in order to avoid the same I have lower the volume but then now I am willing to solve this issue out, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: Dell Studio 1558 is resonating because of the speaker

I am having a Dell Studio 1558 and the problem that I am facing is that the speakers are making it to resonate unnecessarily and in order to avoid the same I have lower the volume but then now I am willing to solve this issue out, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    I think that you should first check out if the all the screws are tight and there is no loose covers/ joints and so as there are possibilities that they might be loose and getting resonated, if you have not yet checked it out then just check it and then see if you are still having the same issue or it is getting solved, if not then you should better contact the service center and check out what they have to say about the same.

I have checked those things and I don’t think that there is any lose cover and all and I have contacted the reseller at my place and he said that it won’t be covered in the Dell warranty, I am quite sure that this is because of design flaw but then I am really running out of ideas to solve it out, is there any workaround that I can try myself to get rid of this issue rather than taking it to the service center and paying the charge for the fix, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated. Will replacing the speakers help me out??

I don’t think that replacing the speakers will be helping you out with the Resonance as every material as a certain frequency where it starts resonating and that’s the frequency which cause the material vibrates and causes distortion, so here I don’t think that the speaker will matter and they will be producing the same frequency which will again cause the vibration, the other thing that I wanted to share is that if the case of your laptop is not resonating then there are possibilities that the speakers might have got blowned and thus causing distortion, you can probably get a woofer for the same to solve it out.

I am having the same issue and I will like to inform that it is a common issue as well, In the start I thought that there was something wrong with the drivers but then it was not that, I had also opened the cover thinking that he tips of the cone is getting pressing with the panel and the motion of the same is causing the resonance but then it was not the case again. I don’t know what to try out, even though the resonance in my case is minor but then I will like to know if there is any workaround to solve it out.