Thread: Fan keeps running on Dell XPS 15z

Fan keeps running on Dell XPS 15z

hi guys

my Dell XPS 15z has the Intel Core i7 and I am running the SSD drive. I don’t do much on that laptop just running few application like the Outlook and some other and the fan running like a hell all the time . this is not right my CPU utilization is around 5% in average. I won’t play any game or something but still the fan is running , mow my friend has the MacBook pro on which he do very heavy stuff but the fan runs okay . is there anyone here can help me on this , I have looked everywhere but not able to find any answer to this

Re: Fan keeps running on Dell XPS 15z

Hey can you tell me What were your system temperature like now?What was on the CPU/GPU ? do you had any upgrade the heat sink or else fan assembly. Can you tell me that I would be probably able provide you the proper answer

Yeah that is ridiculous I have the same issue . in fact I have even changes the cooling to passive in the power options although the fan is still running on the same way like it did earlier and the CPU load is really very minimum

There are few question that I like to ask you that did you updated you bios to A06 version . and are you using the nVidia card every time instead of the Intel graphics because if that is the case then this will generate lot of heat and make the fan run continuously in full blast

Thanks for the reply guys . I just recently bought this laptop so it came with the with A07 version of the BIOS but that is weird because on the official support page is A06 . and as far as the graphic card is concern I have changed it from the Preferred Graphics Processor from Auto to Integrated Graphics but that is not helping either . this is now really annoying CPU utilization is at most 20%now

Hey if you want to reduce the fan speed then go to the power options and select the Power Saver option . I suggest you should take the laptop to the customer support as you have recently bought the laptop may be the fix cover under the warranty.