Thread: Dell XPS 15-L502X overheating while playing game

Dell XPS 15-L502X overheating while playing game

I am using Dell XPS 15-L502X XPS system. I am trying to install a set of few games. Recently I had installed Heroes of Newerth. But when I start playing the games there is a weird issue with the system. It just gets turn off on its own. It is not working constantly. Sometime it just turn off. I had installed a temperature monitor widget on the desktop. It shows me that the system is getting heated a lot. The temperature is too high. Why this issue just suddenly started appearing.

Re: Dell XPS 15-L502X overheating while playing game

Dell XPS 15-L502X looks like a good system for gaming purpose. It looks like the system is having a poor ventilation issue. You have to checkout the dust inside the fan. If your system is under warranty then you must avoid the same. If it is not then you can simply use a brush to clean the cpu board. For that you have to open it up. You can take help from any expect technician who will guide you in fixing the issue.

Cpu overheating appear due to various reason. There are chances that your cpu fan is not working properly. Due to which you are getting the issue. You have to see the fan speed. You can find the same in bios. If the fan speed is lower or if it is not working properly then you have to replace it. You can do that through the service center. Do not attempt to open or modify anything on your own. There are chances that you might face any serious issue later on.

Re: Dell XPS 15-L502X overheating while playing game

The cpu heats due to different reason. One of the most common is low fan speed. And second is if the cpu is unable to getting enough amount of power. You have to simply check that your battery is able to give maximum output. You can test this in a simple way. Connect the laptop to power and then only try to play the game. If it is not heating up like before then it means the battery is gone. You will have to run the game by connecting it on power outlet only.