Thread: OrderBook Tool to change book order in Sony Reader PRS-x50

OrderBook Tool to change book order in Sony Reader PRS-x50

There is a small tool available to download on forums page which will allow you to change the modified date on books so that you can order book manually according to your needs. This tool is mainly meant for Sony PRS-650 digital reader. I can easily choose the book from Home screen after ordering them. I heard that this app will work on x50 models and the 900.i have given the link Below:
    OrderBooks for Mac v0.3.zip (46.4 KB)
    OrderBooks for Windows v0.3.1.zip (15.7 KB)
    OrderBooks for Windows v0.4 BETA.zip (265.3 KB)

Re: OrderBook Tool to change book order in Sony Reader PRS-x50

After looking at its features and compatibility, I found it as a very useful tool. I had gone through the instruction in some page but I couldn’t able to understand about "updating” and "fetching" books?

I wanted to see how the book will return which were accidentally opened and returned to "New" status. I don’t want to delete and reload them. Is it possible with this app?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeDa! View Post
    After looking at its features and compatibility, I found it as a very useful tool. I had gone through the instruction in some page but I couldn’t able to understand about "updating” and "fetching" books?

I wanted to see how the book will return which were accidentally opened and returned to "New" status. I don’t want to delete and reload them. Is it possible with this app?

There is a button called 'Fetch Books' but it is just the name of the button. When you click on that button, it will list of books only if the path is directed to the default reader. However the default path is i:\database\media\books. Here you need to replace the Drive ‘I’ with some other.

As far as I know that it is possible for you to keep a few book files on the memory card and just connect into the system where you have installed the OrderBook Tool. Books those are recently added or newer will be appear on top of the Home screen. They will be Top Three. However by the use of this program, you can update or edit the date on the books stored inside the memory card via modifying the path. Ignore other files like xml files and focus only on epub files.

I know about this app very well and as far as I am concerned, this app will work only on Windows computer. However you will need .NET Framework installed on your computer. I hope that most Windows computer do have .NET Framework installed previously. By the use of Reader only, you can control the recently opened books but you cannot view them on the Home screen. Files which were added recently can be shown on Home screen by default.