Thread: How to enable internet sharing on a Nokia Lumia 710?

How to enable internet sharing on a Nokia Lumia 710?

Hello everyone does anyone how to enable internet sharing on a Nokia Lumia 710? If it is possible to do with the help of a third party application then youcan very well forward that to me I will have a good look at it for sure, that’s what I will do. I have been hearing rumors about nokia officially allowing the internet sharing but they aren’t doing it I suppose. So anyways you do come up with some help. I am waiting for your response.

Re: How to enable internet sharing on a Nokia Lumia 710?

Dude I just read a news about the wifi internet sharing being enabled through a software update. So if you were not aware about it then you can check out for the latest firmware update in your lumia phone. In case if it is not there then you can definitely find it in the later firmware updates. That’s all I have to say here.

ThumbsUp Re: How to enable internet sharing on a Nokia Lumia 710?

Hi I have got a step for you but before starting with the procedure you need to make sure that you are having a developer unlocked phone and if you are having it then only go ahead with the procedure that I am giving you right now. Now just one warning that I would like to give you is that do try this steps at your own risk and also make sure that you have backed up all the important details of your phone.

1) I have given 5 attachment files over here make sure that you first download it in your system. Now just unpack the following file named as Isolated Storage Explorer and install the vm_web2.exe first then then unpack ISE_GUI_1.1.rar inside it you will be able to find the storage explorer.

2) You need to remove Network Profile application and then remove any apn settings that is there in the network settings.

3) Now download InterOP-unlock your device (Heathcliff)

4) Now install the DiagProvXML v0.9 in your phone.

5) This is a very important step where in you need to deploy enclosed provxml files in hs.zip. run run Isolated storage explorer on your PC and while doing that your phone should be plugged into the system and also the screen should be unlocked. Now you need to paste the following id 566814df-f6b6-4154-8be5-9e65dce907c0 in the product id GUI box. You will be getting a get data button click on that and save it. open the downloaded folder that you just got and put the 4 xml files from hs.zip on to that folder. Now click on the isolated storage explorer wherein the file should get uploaded.

6) Run the following app on your phone DiagProvXML click and execute each and every xml file that you encounter.

7) Go to the network settings and check if you can see Internet Sharing between Bluetooth and accounts!

8) Reboot the phone after you have rebooted, Deploy WP7 Root Tools and launch that tool. Go to the internet sharing and in the settings manually add new value such as value name and value type.

9) Don’t forget to set Value Data to empty.

10) Now finally go to the settings and you will be able to find the internet sharing options that’s it.

Link 1
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: How to enable internet sharing on a Nokia Lumia 710?

I feel it is better to wait till the official update comes up from the nokia people and I am sure they would be coming u soon. So why don’t you have a chat with the nokia people about the same and I am sure they will respond to you as early as possible. That’s all I can say here.