Thread: Gateway P-172S FX boots with blank screen

Gateway P-172S FX boots with blank screen

In my Gateway P-172S FX laptop I have windows Vista operating system and my laptop has suddenly started giving me problem. in my laptop I was playing Skyrim game and then suddenly laptop stopped responding and that is why I have my laptop but after that I get blank screen only. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Gateway P-172S FX boots with blank screen

I have read your problem and I would like first ask you that does BIOS screen appears when you start your Gateway P-172S FX laptop? you should also try to solve this problem by taking out RAM from your laptop and reseating it again and then check whether same problem is occurring or not?

When I start my laptop at that time I don’t get BIOS screen and after referring your post I have tried to solve this problem by removing RAM from my laptop and then reseating it but that does not helped me to solve this problem. now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

It looks like this problem has occurred because of overheating and that is why I would like to tell you that you should clean all exhaust ports of laptop with the help of can of compressed air and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? if am suggesting you this because many times dues to intense gaming causes more heat to graphic chip and CPU.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

According to me you should try to fix this problem by applying fresh thermal paste on CPU and then check whether it makes any difference or not? Similar problem was occurred with me and then I have also tried same solution and then my problem gets solved. You should also try this solution.

If you Gateway P-172S FX laptop is under warranty then I will suggest you to visit service center of laptop manufacturer and then you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing with your laptop and then they will provide you proper solution for this.