Thread: unable to sign up for Google Voice with Area code 403 on Samsung Galaxy S

unable to sign up for Google Voice with Area code 403 on Samsung Galaxy S

I seem to get some unusual and unique error message on my new Samsung Galaxy S smartphone whenever I try to sign in for Google Voice application. The error message says that “Country of the new forwarding phone does not match the existing ones” , to be frank I have never seen or heard about this error message. This is the first time I have got such error, also the most interesting point is that I get this message only when I sign up for Google Voice with an area code 403. Rest everything is fine.

Is there anyone else with the same error message while signing up with the same area code?

re: unable to sign up for Google Voice with Area code 403 on Samsung Galaxy S

Quite strange, it seems to be a new error message for any non US number that even I have come across. Well maybe I think they have closed the patch which was released for this loophole.

When I use to get this error message some few days ago, I deleted my 403 number because it used to take it as a US number. But then after deleting that number I added my 519 number believing that might be they are allowing non US numbers now but then even that failed. But the funny part was that I was then able to add my 403 number again and also now it shows my carrier name along with the forwarding number and my 403 does show as AT&T.

re: unable to sign up for Google Voice with Area code 403 on Samsung Galaxy S

Even I tried a trick on my phone, actually in order to forward my Google voice number I tried to set up a new 403 FPL number. But it was quite surprising to encounter two possible restrictions. The first one showed that FPL no more has 403 and the second one was that Google voice doesn’t allow 403 any longer. Along with these restrictions I am also getting the same above error message.

Maybe for now I will try both 587 and 585, maybe it will work if I am lucky enough.