Thread: Which one is better with sync features, Nokia E72 or Nokia E5?

Which one is better with sync features, Nokia E72 or Nokia E5?

Hello friends, I am looking out for a best Nokia symbian smartphone for myself. I already have a Nokia C3 but now I wanted a phone which is to be more capable than what I can do with the C3. And also let me tell you that I have lot more to do with the syncing features so better advice me with the best one if possible. The phone should be able to sync IMAP e-mail, Google calendar and contacts

To reduce your stress I would better give you all the devices which I have short listed, Nokia E5 and Nokia E72.

Re: Which one is better with sync features, Nokia E72 or Nokia E5?

First of all I would like to really appreciate your chose. I think both the options are best one which you have chosen. Sorry but I really cant say that which one you should go for as I personally like both of them, and also both are very good with all their features especially with the sync features as you needed.

Both of them can sync your IMAP e-mail, Google calendar and contacts through both wired and wireless network. But I would like to suggest you that if ever you are thinking to go for a E72 then better go for the used one, I mean a second hand model and if you are willing to buy E5 then you can get a new model. It would be probably a good thing to do as I suggested.

If asked me then I would prefer E72, because it looks great, other than this I don’t find any difference between both the two models.

Hey same requirements at my end too. Even I am looking out for the best smartphone which could do the data sync with an ease and more efficiently. The current phone which I am using is giving me lot of problem with performing this activity, it syncs that data too slowly and sometimes it even fails to do so. Initially I use to perform this feature with very much convincingly but now it take the phone almost half an hour to syc the google contacts and calendar. But the main reason I want to switch to some other phone is that this existing Nokia phone is unable to sync the data automatically via wifi which makes it difficult for me to concentrate on other works.

So I am looking out for such a phone that could most probably sync all the data easily and automatically via my home wifi network.

Better you drop both of your options, in fact you forget about buying a symbian smartphone at least not in today’s date. I am telling this not because symbian is an out dated or some ignored OS rather I am telling this for your convenience and facility. Let me tell you that you could sync google mail, contacts, and calendar through your network but it’s not as easy as you are thinking that too in a Symbian phone.

For such thing I would suggest you to buy an unlocked Android phone that is very much capable of Data Toggling on/off. I thing also this phone has the feature of automatic syncing through both wired and wireless network not automatic sync is not at all an issue. Without a data and bloat I guess android phones could do much better with a longer battery life. According to me VZW and AT&T are very much aware and better at deleting that feature before releasing an android phone.

I am currently using a E5 model and let me tell you that I can easily sync gmail, contacts & calendar from anywhere like home or from any hotspots where wifi network is present. And I have never faced any issue while syncing the data as you say. In fact I can sync the gmail contacts and calendar quite seamlessly.

But there was a requirement I guess for this smooth syncing, i used a Smart Connect App and then I was suppose to define my connection point then after that things use to be very much surely work fine.