Thread: Why people of USA are unaware about Symbian?

Why people of USA are unaware about Symbian?

Hii friends first of all let me tell you that i am an IT student and I am a New York citizen. Yesterday I was out in search of buying a new Nokia E71 phone for normal daily use as I heard that this phone is now a days in lot of news. But then later on when I researched a lot for other best smartphone I found that symbian is one of the existing smartphone which is actually the most popular OS amongst all the smartphone OS.

Trust me I was both shocked and ashamed to know about it, as I was never aware of this OS yet. How come it is possible that being in US I am unable to hear about this world famous OS? Is there anyone like me who had the same experience?

Re: Why people of USA are unaware about Symbian?

There may be several reasons for you not hearing about Symbian being over there. I personally feel that the main cause for these things is that Nokia always failed to establish their devices over there in US. Everyone know that US is one of the well know and the top rated country in this world. Obviously the citizen of US anyhow prefers to use highly demanded and costly products and devices. And unfortunately Nokia Symbian phone never fell out in that category, that’s the reason they were never been in a high demand in US. People of US even now go for full specified phones.

The other reason which according to me could be the appropriate one is unavailability of the latest updated symbian phones in US. As said above Nokia always failed to sell out their products in US. So the only option left for the people in order to get the Nokia symbian phone was to go to the kiosks only if they couldn’t find the preferred phone at their provider’s store. And what the kiosks use to do is to sell out the older Nokia models which were actually some 6 to 8 months older from their original dates which actually they use to believe as a new one. But they were unaware that the purchased phone have now already come up with the best and the latest version updates, that’s the reason could be the US people are being unaware of the latest nokia symbian news.

I would like to make some correction in your statements dude. Let me tell you that maybe you have not heard about this OS but I guess it’s exactly not the one which you are thinking. Symbian OS must be a commonly known OS but it’s certainly not the best or the most famous OS present in the market. First this OS has now been suppressed by all other current running OS of the market like android and WP.

Initially there was certainly lot of craze for this Symbian phone but later on with the introduction of iPhones and Android devices people changed their choices and now it seems like people are slowly forgetting about the existence of Symbian.

I do agree with you, maybe symbian is a know OS but its actually not the best one. The core could be the lack of advertisements or updates. If you see android and iphones , they anyhow keep on updating their customers and users with the latest and recent releases and version of their OS. They never failed to keep their users active and involved in the market, always they come up with some new applications, updates, new devices or softwares which actually keep its users busy with the downloads and etc no matter their new release is worst or the best, at least the customers use to be active and comment on their work.

But on the same note when you speak about symbian, they failed to do the same thing with their customers. I didn’t keep going with the time and therefore lost the interaction and contact with its user. Just because there were unable to meet their customers need, no only they lost their retained customers but also they were unable to make new ones.

I was in US for last 10 years. The only drawback I found with Nokia was lack of advertisement and marketing of their products in North America. If they would have certainly done it then definitely today you would have not posted this thread. Forget about symbian, symbian as it is not so much in demand. In fact I could say that there maybe people who don’t even remember about symbian. Everyone is busy involved in android and iphone and also in WPs. I would just say that don’t worry, be cool and carry on with your work instead of thinking about the forgotten symbian.

Let me tell you all about my experience with smartphone, in the year 2005 I bought my first smartphone i.e. Nokia 6600. The name itself is enough to tell about its history. I bought this phone through the USA division of T-Mobile. Yeah I bought it being in USA. I guess this phone was the best smartphone during that period of time introduced by Nokia; also I would like to tell you that if I am not mistaken then this phone had symbian OS installed in it.
    I don’t think symbian was ever unknown or least known in US; maybe the people were least interested of this phone. I really loved the Nokia 6600 I used this phone for nearly 6 years and it’s still in a working condition. I tried all kind of activities and trick which you can possible think of or you may be trying it now. But how much I could have played or enjoyed with its limited capabilities as compare to other growing smartphones.

Yeah you are right my friend, Nokia 6600 was the best smartphone which was ever made but its own limitations killed it. I truly liked its interface and also it was best suitable to its entire user. I tried to do lot of things with it. I tried pushing up its 6MB on board application support storage space and also its 104MHz processor but then due to lack of its updates and modifications by Nokia killed this phone. I somehow managed to get the SD card for it but that didn’t help it. The really very much bad thing about Nokia is that they always failed in pushing up or updating symbian devices.