Thread: Sony Reader 950 remains on Xtra large font on an Epub Kobo book

Sony Reader 950 remains on Xtra large font on an Epub Kobo book

I have been using Sony Reader 950 and I have recently downloaded an Epub Kobo book and have transferred the same to the 950 but then the problem that I am facing is that it stays on the Xtra large font all the time, I have tried changing the same but then it is not helping, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??

Re: Sony Reader 950 remains on Xtra large font on an Epub Kobo book

I have been using Sony Reader 950 and I have recently downloaded an Epub Kobo book and have transferred the same to the 950 but then the problem that I am facing is that it stays on the Xtra large font all the time, I have tried changing the same but then it is not helping, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??
    I think that a better solution will be using Calibre and after that convert the epub to LRF and then delete original epub but make sure that you are keeping a copy of the same, later just Reconvert the LRF back to epub and see if that is helping, just check out the same and see if it is making any difference in your case and then post back the result that you get.

If you want then you can also try to use Sigil, I have been using the same to convert a couple of Amazon ebooks as they were small in epub, I was facing the same issue on Sony Reader PRS-350 Pocket Edition but then now after using Sigil things are fine now, just check out the same and I am sure that you will like it.

Thanks for the same but then I have tried out the Calibre as well as the Sigil and I had found that the Calibre was not able to convert it due to DRM where as the Sigil was not opening it either as well, is there anything else that I can try out??

Thanks for the same but then I have tried out the Calibre as well as the Sigil and I had found that the Calibre was not able to convert it due to DRM where as the Sigil was not opening it either as well, is there anything else that I can try out??
    As far as I am aware caliber and caliber wont bbe helping you in making changes to the DRMd file and that is one of the main reason why the vendors defile ebooks with DRM, if you want then you can try to use “Apprentice Alf” in order to remove the DRM and once you are able to do the same then you can open the file with the caliber and then click on tweak epub and after that explode the epub and then you can set the font-size to your will and then you can remake the epub and you are done with the same.just try it out and the let me know what you get.

I have tried out the “Apprentice Alf” and have removed the DRM as well but then I am not able to find out the file which contains the font information, I have been looking out for the same and I have found that there is a OEBPS folder, META-INF folder and a Styles folder which is having the font family and size but then the problem here is that it is having multiple entries and as far as I am aware there should be a file with single entry and so, I don’t think that I am missing anything.

The file that is causing the issues might be the CSS as it is not listed in the manifest and it might have got lost when you removed the DRM, so now you can just try out converting it to PRC/Mobi and after that again to epub and this process should scrub out the Kobo-ization , just try it out and then report back with the result that you are getting. Hope that helps.

I don’t think that it might have got lost and so, see you can try out the above solution very well but then I just wanted to share that you can Load the ePub into Sigil and then check out for the css, it should be there but then make sure that you are not converting the same in to something else and fro. When you are done them just post the CSS so I can check out the same and then find out where exactly is the issue.