Thread: Is it safe using generic micro USB wall charger to charge Sony PRS-T1 Reader

Is it safe using generic micro USB wall charger to charge Sony PRS-T1 Reader

I have recently bought Sony PRS-T1 Reader and I have been using a generic micro USB wall charger to charge Samsung galaxy as it is having a output of 5V, so I just wanted to know if it will be same if I use the same charger to charge Sony PRS-T1 Reader, is there anyone who have tried out the same and can let me know his experience.

Re: Is it safe using generic micro USB wall charger to charge Sony PRS-T1 Reader

I have recently bought Sony PRS-T1 Reader and I have been using a generic micro USB wall charger to charge Samsung galaxy as it is having a output of 5V, so I just wanted to know if it will be same if I use the same charger to charge Sony PRS-T1 Reader, is there anyone who have tried out the same and can let me know his experience.
    I don’t think that there will be any issues and it will be quite safe, I have been using micro-USB phone charger for charging my Sony PRS-T1 Reader and I have not yet faced any issues with the same, I think that your micro USB wall charger will work fine as well.

Re: Is it safe using generic micro USB wall charger to charge Sony PRS-T1 Reader

I have checked out for the same and I have found that there are a no of other people in some forums who have mentioned that it is quite safe, I also wanted to add that the Charge current regulation is concerned to the device and not with the charger, the charger just acts like a power supply but then I just wanted to say that you can try out the charger that you are using for Samsung as it is a good brad but then do not use some cheapo USB charger for charging your Sony PRS-T1 Reader.

I am not commenting to argue but then I don’t think that here the brands actually matters, as I had used my original iPhone USB wall charger for charging the Sony PRS-T1 Reader thinking that is a good brand charger and I won’t be having any issues but then, just when I plugged it the screen went blank and I had to reste it at that time to get it work properly. So I just wanted to know that what could be a reason for such course even after using a branded iPhone USB wall charger???

I am not commenting to argue but then I don’t think that here the brands actually matters, as I had used my original iPhone USB wall charger for charging the Sony PRS-T1 Reader thinking that is a good brand charger and I won’t be having any issues but then, just when I plugged it the screen went blank and I had to reste it at that time to get it work properly. So I just wanted to know that what could be a reason for such course even after using a branded iPhone USB wall charger???
    In that case I will like to inform you that the chargers should be correctly rated as far as the AC in voltage is concerned, I have found that most of the chargers are AC in voltage I mean they can range between 100-240V and I have found it to be 110V for US and this can be considered as non-standard and this can result in burning the EU as well. A perfect usb charger is the ones having short-circuit USB data wires so that it only gets recognize as a charger and not any computer device, you can just go through here for more information.

Even I was going to say the same this is an common issue with the Apple chargers and the sony reader, as the above users has already mentioned that the apple usb chargers are not standard ones, I also wanted to add that they does not have special circuitry, I mean the resistors which is needed between the data and supply lines, their chargers work well with the apple phones and devices but then not with non-apple devices, you can found a no of people complaining about the same on the web.

I don’t know how come you guys are saying so, I have been using iPhone 3Gs USB wall charger with Pocketbook 360 as well as with Sony PRS-T1 Reader and I have not yet faced any such issue that has been mentioned above, I am from Australia and I don’t think that will matter anyhow, will it??

I don’t know how come you guys are saying so, I have been using iPhone 3Gs USB wall charger with Pocketbook 360 as well as with Sony PRS-T1 Reader and I have not yet faced any such issue that has been mentioned above, I am from Australia and I don’t think that will matter anyhow, will it??
    I think that you might be luck with the same, I have found a no of other people having the same issue with Sony Readers and the Apple USB charger I really don’t know how come it is working out for you.