Thread: Conversation is splitting messages into couple of sms in Nokia C7-00

Conversation is splitting messages into couple of sms in Nokia C7-00

My Nokia C7-00 is powered by Symbian Anna. I noticed something really weird thing with my mobile phone. I noticed that there was inconsistent breakup of the messages into the number of smses. It gets happens when I hit 140 or 160 characters. If you are having any specific solution then feel free to ask about the same.

Re: Conversation is splitting messages into couple of sms in Nokia C7-00

Looking at the situation I am suggesting that you should try to uninstall the conversation application as well as conversation server from the installed application and simply look for the software updates. If update is still available in the servers. I am suspecting that the problem is caused due to corrupted installation of the conversations application.

Ok thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. Well I am not able to see Conversations under of the Settings> Application Manager> Installed Apps. Even I did not get the update either. Is that happening as I am on Symbian Anna?

Well the name of the application is conversation appl. It is size of size 122 kb. It is having installed size of 35 kb in the Application Manager of mine.

After going through the problem I am suggesting that you should soft reset the device and see whether it making the difference in the situation. You should press *#7780# keys from the keypad of the device. You have to enter 12345 security code. After doing that your phone will return into factory settings. However you will not loose any of the essential data from the phone of yours.

Hi, I am also having the same problem. May I know if doing a factory reset work? My wife and I both have Nokia C7. I have already upgraded to Anna, while hers is still at the stock OS. The SMS count had been exceeding limit even since we changed our phones.

I found another thread discussing about similar problem with the title "Nokia c7 log is displaying multiple sms for a sms having character less than 160 characters". (Can't post url yet) Wondering if anyone solved their problems yet.