Thread: Excessive RAM usage in Samsung Galaxy S2

Excessive RAM usage in Samsung Galaxy S2

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and it is now using almost 830mb of RAM. If I clear the applications and kill some processes, then the RAM consumption will reduce down to 300mb. Everything happens in just 5 second interval. I have downloaded a few apps which helps to reduce memory usage but they won’t do anything more than the Task manager. I removed few apps from the phone but still some apps causing the Ram usage to very high. I want to run this phone very smoothly. Any help?

Re: Excessive RAM usage in Samsung Galaxy S2

The amount of RAM frees actually not much. Android will take care of it. The RAM space is freed when there is too short of memory, and will use more when space is available. This saves power, because all the time apps will not be loaded from the memory.

The android internal memory management automatically adjusts when apps are removed from RAM.

As far as I know that the Samsung Galaxy S2 has 1 GB of ram but "only" 836 MB is actually usable (the rest goes to the Android system).
    The fact that you always have more or less occupied RAM is given by the Android OS. It has so many its services always running in the background (this favors that are quick to open for use) and many more download app that run in the background! This does not tell you to uninstall applications, indeed: you must know that this OS releases the RAM as it needs, and so actually close the processes / apps / services that do not use or see that they are on heavy usage of RAM.

Android uses the maximum possible memory for faster loading of applications, and when it is responsible for to release the memory when it needs more.

Let's say that the philosophy of modern operating systems is unused memory, memory wasted.

The problem is not the RAM. I think that it is the consumption of these applications running in the background, making an extra CPU consumption and therefore the battery. This is rather than Android manages the RAM which is to be used to the fullest, but I want to it be free and to decide how the RAM is maintained and that no one is imposed!! I want to be allowed to choose a different profile like in a Linux PC but here the phone does not want that kind of management.

The reason is that some apps are linked to certain user or system events. For example Gmail is linked to the change in internet connection, that is, every time booted you pass a wifi to data or vice versa. But not only that, but it will be launched each time when you download something. That in relation to actions that depend on you, as a user. This is the main reason why the taskillers not worth, practically nothing and usually cause more lag than they solve.

Can you tell me what ROM you are running in your phone?

Is it the official ROM Or any Custom ROM?

For this issue, I think that you must try installing “system tuner "app from the android market. By the use of this app, you are able to freeze any unwanted apps which are not necessary and running in the background. You can run them later when you really want.

The RAM is used by the system is good, because apps are thus ready for quick access! Android has a very good memory management, should be optimized to the broken-nothing! You should reboot it regularly, otherwise update to the current version 2.3.6. If the problem is much annoying, then you can go for flash, lot of testing, installed and uninstalled, reset to factory settings etc.