Thread: Root Access denied in LG Optimus V

Root Access denied in LG Optimus V

Recently I have purchased the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V which is running Android. What I need is a Root access in this device. I never used the Android before and I don’t know why this phone doesn’t allow the root access. If I try to make a Wifi Tether, it will not work and says permission denied. I think that tethering will not work without the phone being rooted.

Re: Root Access denied in LG Optimus V

Rooting a device really helps a lot; a user can gain access to its own device by unlocking it. The same is known as a jailbreak into the iPhone, but here it is known as Android Rooting. Rooting is a process to break down access to system files, enabling Root on our equipment, we can enjoy many things, such as exploring roots, installing custom ROMs , Enjoy overclocking and make best use of your processor, and enjoy root only applications.

Once you go root your phone , it would void the warranty on your mobile phone.

In order to root your decide you will need following things must:
    • Oracle Java SE Development Kit
    • Android developers Android SDK
    • SuperOneClick

After installing the above these follow this below procedure:
    • Get LG Optimus V, open the "Settings" > "Applications">"development" > "USB Debugging".
    • Connect LG Optimus to PC using USB cable connection device. When prompted, do not mount the mobile phone it can ruin your phone.
    • Then launch the Android SDK and double click on the SuperOneClick ZIP file which you have downloaded.
    • Click "search" inside the SuperOneClick application window. It roots your phone, shows "success" when the process is complete.

If your LG Optimus V is running Android Froyo, then install Gingerbreak from XDA Forum. This Application allows you to have root access to the LG Optimus which lets you enjoy all the new features and gives you unlimited access to the cell phone memory, allowing you to install Android Gingerbread ROMs on your Mobile without having to wait for the official update.

I have not personally tried to do the root but reading the guide seems rather clear and simple. However in case you should direct it in that thread, the community created around Optimus over internet is very active and they will respond if you have doubts regarding the rooting of Android phone.

The 'LG Optimus V, is perhaps the most popular Android Smartphone from the band Low-Medium. Thanks to the success of this device, even given the great community support, LG has taken a big gain that helped it out of the crisis period in which it was. To root this device
    • Activate the USB Debug mode (Settings-Application-Development-Debugging USB)
    • Download and Install z4root and press the button Root.

This morning I got a nice Optimus, and after unpacking and trying to get the first few hours, there is a point which I must carry on any Android smartphone. The root access, which is really really essential to me.

Fortunately, the whole procedure is easy real speed with the Optimus Froyo. You only need the latest version of SuperOneClick ADB and the current driver. Install ADB drivers and change the Optimus settings to USB debugging. Then start to connect, SuperOneClick and Root. After all, simply restart and you should now see in your apps in the superuser.

In order to get the Root access on android you have to go for certain things. Root access means you will have all the permissions like an Administrator on a Windows PC. All Android access system will be unrestricted virtually

Rooted phone gives the end user a level of administration and unlimited possibilities.

If you want to get the root access, one needs to come across a bug in the system (exploit, bug) that allows them to gain root access.