Thread: Nokia X6 does not stay connected to the wireless network

Nokia X6 does not stay connected to the wireless network

I have recently bought and the problem that I am facing now is that the X6 does not stay connected to the wireless network, in my case when I turn on the home router then it recognizes the network well and it ask me for a pre-share key, I don’t know what is it all about and when I enter random key and after that when it connects to the network then it gets splits in to two, where one is Linksys and the other is Linksys (1), when I try to connect to the Linksys then it again asks for pre-share key and when I enter randomly then it says that the key entered is incorrect and when I try to connect to Linksys (1) then it does not ask for pre-share key and acts as if it gets connected but then it does not loads the page, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??

Re: Nokia X6 does not stay connected to the wireless network

I have recently bought and the problem that I am facing now is that the X6 does not stay connected to the wireless network, in my case when I turn on the home router then it recognizes the network well and it ask me for a pre-share key, I don’t know what is it all about and when I enter random key and after that when it connects to the network then it gets splits in to two, where one is Linksys and the other is Linksys (1), when I try to connect to the Linksys then it again asks for pre-share key and when I enter randomly then it says that the key entered is incorrect and when I try to connect to Linksys (1) then it does not ask for pre-share key and acts as if it gets connected but then it does not loads the page, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??
    I am having the same issue and I have been trying to guess out the key, in my case I am having the same situation like yours where I get splinted network, other than this I have also tried an app called HandyWii which help in connecting to the WLANs but then when I try connecting to the network using HandyWii then it comes up with a message saying "WLAN access point is out of reach". Is there anyone who is aware of this error message and can help me in solving out the issue???

As far as I am aware Pre share key is a Wi-Fi Protected Access key in order to secure the network, anyways just let me know if there is any WPA key which you are using in order to connect your computer to the network, just check out the same and let me know for further help.

I will like to inform you that there is a wired connection between the computer and the router and it is not a wireless one, so there is no WPA key that I am using, is there anything else that I can try out to solve this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am not very sure but then I think that the your wireless connection might be secured with a wpa key, just check out the Router page and see if you are able to find out the wpa key instance in the security setting, if you are not getting it then better contact the ISP and find it out, other than this I also wanted to share that some of the router have default pre shared and they are labeled on the router itself so just check out for the same and see if you are able to get it.