Thread: SD card not working properly in Droid 4

SD card not working properly in Droid 4

Motorola Droid 4 is a brand new phone launched by Motorola, believing that I would have the best and the latest features I bought this phone. But it seems like creating a problem with the SD card I guess.

Now the thing is that I have a mini information Widget app enabled on to the home screen, when I check it out the middle icon that states the internal memory has 3 GB strictly allotted for the applications. And at the 3rd spot which actually shows the SD card is showing just 8GB space available which I guess is not the actual space of the SD card.

Not only this but also while using a camera, when we choose the place where we want to store the clicked picture or video, it shows me internal and SD card but selecting SD Card actually isn’t a SD Card. Anyone having any idea about this issue?

Re: SD card not working properly in Droid 4

Same issue but different phone. Let me tell you that I am a Razr user but that doesn’t makes any difference as both Droid 4 and Razr shares the same OS. When you use a camera and if you have already selected a SD card, the clicked pictures should definitely be on the SD Card itself. I used a files application which I downloaded from android market, using that I found that the thumbnails were in the internal storage but the actual real pictures were located on the SD card in the dcim folder.

But as according to the widget you are right, it actually shows the internal memory in place of the SD card, in fact it shows the internal memory as the SD card. It leaves no option for the SD card. I guess this could be due the software issue with the widget.

I don’t think there is any other phone which can easily break up the storage in the same manner as the Droid 4 does. In order to see the actual SD Storage Card the only way I know is to use the storage fine in the settings, it will most probably show you three different locations.

Also if your device is rooted then make sure that all the files which you need is located or moved to the sd-ext. for your kind information sd-ext is the actual removable SD card whereas the sd-int or anything similar to it is surely an internal memory.

I don’t know what exactly is causing this problem. The similar problem is being faced in my Droid 4 also. Even I feel that there is something wrong with the widget software as I can only see the problem during saving any data or file. When I try to save a file or picture to the SD card I can’t see the SD card, instead it shows me the internal memory. But other than this I have never ever encountered any issue regarding the SD card. Let me tell you that I can still read and also access the everything present in the SD card, not only this but also I can save or copy or past anything into it. Only the phone is unable to show are save the state of the SD card. Is there some kind of menu option which I am ignoring or missing?

I am sure formatting is not the appropriate option; also I guess I do not have to check out the mounting of the SD card as the phone is properly able to read the access.

In my case the pictures which I click from my Droid 4 are auto dumping them to the sdcard-ext. actually initially the first time when I inserted the Card I already told my system to auto transfer the files using the option called manage internal storage in the storage. And nothing special more than that I have done; now my phone is automatically storing and saving the pictures either to the original SD card or the internal memory depending on the option which I choose within the camera application.

If you check your phone camera properly there is an option present in the camera which allows you to either save the images internally or on to the SD card.

Once I inserted the SD card in my phone and when I clicked the photo first time, it created a DCIM/ camera folder automatically; from there I was easily able to navigate my photos and videos through my PC. The folder is created to you phone as sdcard-ext > dcim >camera.