Thread: Battery Swap triggers StreetPass Bug in Nintendo 3DS

Battery Swap triggers StreetPass Bug in Nintendo 3DS

The bug is not specific about the Nyko. The issue happens with any battery swap. If you let the Nintendo 3Ds batter power to die or drain completely or you swap the battery, it will mess up the internal StreetPass timer. That means it will reset the StreetPass date and time. Other than this, if you have tagged anyone before, you cannot tag him/her again. It sounds like a major glitch or bug which Nintendo should fix. There is no internal backup battery in 3Ds.

Re: Battery Swap triggers StreetPass Bug in Nintendo 3DS

This issue really needs to be fixing since there is always a chance of replacing the battery eventually. Some may think that, it is not a big problem but some regular streetpass users, they are really worried. The Nintendo should confirm how this issue is happening here. Whether it is due to replacing the battery or changing the battery to new one?

I have also encountered a StreetPass bug when I try to install Nyko's Power Pak. The installation was successful but after the installation, I have noticed that date and time had a reset. You can check this directly on the Home screen. It wasn’t problem though but then the StreetPass started to act strange. I have tried the so many things. I have rebooted the device, turned off and on the Wifi, de-activated the StreetPass and re-activated it, but nothing helped me to solve the issue.

What are talking about actually? Do you mean make the battery go flat so that device won’t turn on or completely let the battery to drain flat? There is a difference between 2. If you contact the customer services, they will simply suggest you that to install the latest firmware and try again. This kinda rubbish and it will not help you to solve the problem. The problem is directly related to the system software.

I know that many people have been experiencing the same problem. This issue is not only limited to those who are trying to get Power Pak. People who left the Device to completely drain the batter also suffering from the same issue. Several internet forums stated that it will really going to reset date and time, no matter how battery will drain out or removed.

There is only real fix available for this issue and that is about reformatting the 3DS to its factory settings. Don’t worry about the gamecard data and your SD card data. They will not lose during the factory settings but you may lose friends list, StreetPass hits and other progress with included software on the 3DS. The Poparma told people to wait for the firmware update and do not let the battery dry completely.

Yesterday I had gone through the manual. There it states that you should use any different batter other than given Nintendo 3DS rechargeable battery pack. While inserting the new battery you should wait for at least ten seconds so that the power LED resets correctly. This note Is directly related the same issue.