Thread: Parental control setup in Nintendo 3DS

Parental control setup in Nintendo 3DS

Those who are using the Nintendo 3D might have hear d about the parental control. This parental control setting will disable most of the features and functionality from the console which are not meant for under age user or children. Enabling parental control also disables the 3D view. In my case, my parents did the same. They enable the Parental Control with secret PIN. I cannot disable it. So I need a 3ds master key generator to disable it somehow. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Parental control setup in Nintendo 3DS

You have to get the PIN. Without knowing the IN, there is no way you can disable or change the settings of the Parental control. You have to contact the Nintendo for further help. Once you get the PIN.
    • Go to "System Settings" from the screen menu and select the "Parental Controls".
    • In order to change settings, you will need to tap on “change”.
    • Now the device will ask you to enter the PIN. Enter it and Tap "OK."

If you want to turn off only one Parental Control setting now, tap "Set Restrictions" and go to the category of interest and disable it.

I also agree with that. Without the PIN, there is no way you can change the parental control settings or simply disable it. However if you want to delete entire Parental Control settings, just tap "Clear Settings" on Parental Controls and then choose delete to get rid of all the settings at once.

If someone suggests you to hack into 3DS, don’t go for it. It may brick your device. If you really want to get rid of the parental control and you don’t know the PIN, then go for the following steps to remove the parental controls.
    • Go to System Settings from the HOME Menu and tap "Open."
    • There tap on "Parental Controls.”> "Forgot PIN."
    • Now it will ask you to answer the Secret Question. If you don’t know the answer tap "I Forgot."
    • Now the device will show you a reference number. Make a note of that.
    • Contact Nintendo Consumer Service and provide reference number. They will send you the correct PIN or any other work around technique.

I don’t think that there could be any way to reset the pin or password in Nintendo 3DS and there is no way you can recover the PIN from the other source. However if the settings are stored in system memory, then you might try formatting the System Memory. By doing this, all data along with saved settings will be lost and you may gain access to the parental control once again.

What do you suggest? Is there any such option to format the System memory?

I have never done this so I don’t know what to suggest you. But now you may try this:
    • Go to the system settings and go to data management
    • There you will see an option called "reset blocked user settings" at the bottom.
    • Just tap on that and see if it can do anything different. I think that it will reset the password and restores all the settings to default.

Many people were asking for a 5-digit master key in order to reset the parental control settings. As far as I know that Nintendo 3DS does not provide any master key or something to reset the device. If you have really forgotten the password or pincode, you ether need to try answering the secrete question or contact the Nintendo customer service center. Only they can unblock or reset the console.