Thread: Toshiba Satellite C660-11L Blue Screen

Toshiba Satellite C660-11L Blue Screen

I am having blue screen problem with my Toshiba Satellite C660-11L. This does not happen automatically if the system is idle. But when I start to view some pictures or some play some videos then it stuck with the "blue screen". After a few minutes of that, the laptop get restarted automatically. I don’t know that what I should do to get this problem resolved. If you have some suggestion for me then please let me know that.

Re: Toshiba Satellite C660-11L Blue Screen

Have you recently installed any of the software in your computer? That might be the reason for this. If that is the case then just uninstall that from your computer and see if you are getting the blue screen again or not. If the problem is because of that software then this time you will not have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RidD View Post
    Have you recently installed any of the software in your computer? That might be the reason for this. If that is the case then just uninstall that from your computer and see if you are getting the blue screen again or not. If the problem is because of that software then this time you will not have that problem.
    I have not installed any of the software in this. It is running with the same software as it was running earlier and so this is not the problem. I am sure for this. Please suggest me some other possible reason for this.

This is surely the display driver problem. I think that the display driver is either corrupted or outdated and for that reason you are getting this issue. The best thing that you can do is, just update the display driver to the latest one and then it will solve the problem for you. Please reply back if you have any further problem.

Are you getting the blue screen after the clean boot? If this is the case then you can go with the below steps:
    1. First of all open System Configuration utility (msconfig.exe).
    2. From the general tab, just click on the selective startup and clear checkbox for Load startup items.
    3. From the Services tab, click on Hide all Microsoft services check box and click on Disable all.
    4. Finally click on OK out and reboot computer.

Are you getting some king of error or anything along with the blue screen??? If yes then you must post that over here and that will help us a lot to provide the solution for this. By that time you can try by going to the safe mode and restoring the system to some previous date.

If above given suggestions helps you to get the problem solved then it is ok otherwise you can also see the suggestion given in this thread and check if any of the replies over here can solve the issue for you.